Grievance Redressal Mechanism
RIMT University is committed to providing a safe, fair and harmonious learning and work environment. Grievance Redressal Cell was set up at RIMT University in accordance with the University Grants Commission regulations for handling grievances related to students, parents and staff members. Grievance Redressal Cell facilitates the resolution of grievances in a fair and impartial manner involving the respective School/Dept./Office (dealing with the substantive function connected with the grievance), maintaining necessary confidentiality, as the case may be. Any person with a genuine grievance may approach Grievance Redressal Cell to submit his/her grievance in writing or lodge online on https://rimt.ac.in/grievance-redressal-cell/
- To ensure a fair, impartial and consistent mechanism for redressal of varied issues faced by the any person of the university.
- To uphold the dignity of the University by promoting cordial Student-Student relationship, Student-teacher relationship, teacher-teacher relationship.
- To develop a responsive and accountable attitude among the people, thereby maintaining a harmonious atmosphere in the University campus.
- To ensure that grievances are resolved promptly, objectively and with sensitivity and in complete confidentiality.
- To ensure that the views of each grievant and respondent are respected and that any party to a grievance is neither discriminated against nor victimized.
- To advise teaching and non teaching staff members , students and parents to respect the right and dignity of one another, and not to behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Grievance: Grievance means a formal complaint-includes any kind of dissatisfaction or negative perception, whether expressed or not, arising out of anything connected with University that a student or parent or staff member thinks, believes, or even feels, is unfair, unjust or inequitable.
- Grievant: Grievant means a student, parent, staff member or group of students or parents or staff members submitting the grievance.
- Days: Days means working days exclusive of Sundays, holidays or vacation days as set forth in the academic calendar. In counting days, the first day shall be the first full working day following the receipt of the grievance.
Grievances Redressal Committee
A high-power committee handles the function of remedying of grievances. It is guided by the principles of natural justice while redressing the grievances. The committee will consider only formal grievances, received online at https://rimt.ac.in/grievance-redressal-cell/or in person(A signed hard copy of the grievance complaint), and put its best efforts in order to arrive at a right decision/amicable solution expeditiously. Any aggrieved student or parent or staff member with a genuine grievance will submit his/her Grievance in writing along with necessary documents in person or online.
|Name & Designation||Designation|
|Head Student Welfare||Member Secretary|
|Dean or Director or Principal or HOD of the respective School/Department/Section as the case may be||Member|
|Student Representative as the case may be||Member|
|Women Representative as the case may be||Member|
|Parents as the case may be||Member|
Functions of the Committee
- To provide with proper advocacy to express their grievances freely and frankly without any fear of being victimized.
- To ensure that there is no reprisal of any kind against any applicant, witness, or any other participant in the grievance redressal process by reason of such participation in the grievance process.
- To analyse the merits of grievances and conduct formal hearings and investigation as the case may be.
- To protect the privacy and confidentiality of all parties during the investigation, consistent with and subject to the policy guidelines.
- To obtain the facts through relevant sources in a fair and objective manner, to work out a resolution of the issues involved with the parties named in the grievance application.
- To ensure speedy disposal of every grievance application – within a maximum period of 7working days of the receipt of application.
Type of Grievances
- Academic related issues: Admissions, Examinations, Assessments, Evaluation, Library facilities, Issuance of certificates, Add-on courses, Research related issues, etc.
- Extension & Extra Curricular: – Alumni registration, Award of non-academic credits, Physical Education, etc
- Amenities & Maintenance Hostel facilities –Allocation of rooms, Standard of meal, Wi-fi internet connectivity, Utility-stores, Computer facilities, Drinking water , Sanitation & hygiene, Maintenance, Medical facilities, etc.
- Placements & Internships: On-campus or off-campus interviews, soft skills training, Internships, etc.
- General Administration: Collection of fee–on-line, fee payment gateway, ID cards, Scholarships, HR related issues, Transportation, etc.
- Other Related Issues Safety & Security, Discipline, Misbehavior, Emergency services, etc
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
Any student or parents or staff member wants to initiate a grievance may in the first instance bring the issue to the notice of the Head of the respective school/department/office, who will address the issue and try to resolve it within 3 working days or immediately as the case may be of the receipt of the grievance.
If, there is no response within the stipulated time from the respective school/department/office or grievant is dissatisfied with response/resolution to his/her grievance, then the grievant is free to represent his/her grievance to the University Grievance Redressal Committee.
If, the grievance is against the respective Head of school/department/office, then the grievant may directly submit his/her grievance to the Grievance Redressal Committee.
The Grievance Redressal Cell shall acknowledge the receipt of each grievance complainant immediately. In the case of online the sender will receive an instant auto reply acknowledging the receipt of his/her complaint through e -mail.
Communicating the Decision
Upon completion of proceedings, the Grievance Redressal Committee shall communicate the final decision to the grievant in person or via email within 7 working days, which shall be binding to both the parties.
Closure of Complaint
The complaint shall be considered as disposed off and closed when:
- The grievant has indicated acceptance of the resolution.
- The grievant has not responded within 5 working days from the date of receipt of the information on resolution.
The proceeding concerning each grievance will be recorded in a systematic manner. The information relating to the proceedings shall be treated as confidential and can be viewed only by the members of Grievance Redressal Committee, for the purpose of investigation.