Department of Research, Innovation & Incubation (RIMT-DRI)
Department of Research, Innovation & Incubation (RIMT-DRI) has been established for refining high-quality scientific research. It is an essential prerequisite for producing fruitful applications. The objective of Department of Research & Innovation (DRI) initiatives undertaken by RIMT University is to promote the creation of new projects/products in various applications with societal impact of education, building research careers, internationalization of mankind skills, support to strengthen the knowledge foundation through research, development and innovation with quality standards. Through the quality of innovations the R&D based activities accomplish the objectives of creating social welfare and technological innovations. To achieve the high quality research & innovation ambience the following steps are required to be undertaken.
RIMT DRI - Roles & Responsibilities
- The RIMT-DRI team will be accountable for the establishment and promotion of quality research, development and Innovations-Incubations, academic and training activities.
- Work towards the advancement and enhancement of the University’s research capacities.
- To create awareness of current available funding/grants/scholarship with relevance in teaching and research oriented activities.
- To encourage all faculties to pursue research in their respective areas of expertise with project/product/start-up based initiatives.
- To foster the development of multi-disciplinary research endeavours across faculties and departments.
- To generate the university research funds for researchers and explore available research infrastructure funds& seeding grants under various Govt. schemes.
- To protect and commercialize the University’s intellectual property and consultancy activities related to R&D including the assistance towards patent writing & publishing.
- To observe and enhance the quality of research program, projects and the research infrastructure within the University, including the training of research scholars.
- Fortnight meetings with the Heads of different academic departments regarding their valuable ideas, discussion w.r.t on-going projects by students/scholars.
- Regular monitoring for new grants available nationally/internationally and accordingly techno-commercial proposal design will be done with maximum feasibility checks.
- Regularly interaction with industries/research organizations (private/state govt. /centre govt.) and accordingly MoUs to be signed w.r.t different applicable activities in terms of R&D and innovations.
- RIMT-DRI shall always do work to create own products for commercialization under the banner “Made-in-RIMT”.
- Promoting maximum participations of Faculty/Scholars/Students in R&D and innovation programmes nationally/internationally and make it confirm to get maximum opportunities with good SWOT analysis.
Initiative of DRI
Incubation Projects: “Support For Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of SMEs through Incubators” : under this scheme the interested incubatees can apply for the seed funding to develop their ideas, till date five incubatees received the seed funding worth 30.89 from MoMSME for following projects:
- Braille Technology
- Efficient Car
- Smart Cards
- Integrated Power Systems
Desinno: The DESINNO (DESIGN & INNOVATION) Centre of Excellence aims at establishing innovation capacities in India with the help of improved Design education considering the modern social, economic, and business environment.