Master of Science in Digital Forensics and Information Security is a postgraduate Forensic Science programme. The Digital Forensics and Information Security program combines the disciplines of technology, business, organizational behavior, and law. Students learn techniques used to detect, respond to, and prevent network intrusions. They also master broader concepts such as the responsible use of resources, the appropriate management of risks, and the alignment of information technology with the organization.
Eligibility & Admission
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
- Be proficient in integrating knowledge and applying their understanding in identifying problems and producing powerful solutions.
- Attain professional competence, intellectual maturity and personal growth along with a commitment for ethical development of the industry.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 Graduates of RIMT forensic programme will be well-prepared for successful jobs in the field of forensic science, as well as in research and innovation at businesses, in the public sector, and/or in related subfields.
- PEO2 RIMT forensic graduates will be proficient in using cutting-edge and established software and technology for the discovery, analysis, and assessment of forensic evidence.
- PEO3 Graduates from RIMT forensic programme will be effective in managing interdisciplinary teams with professional capabilities to expand their knowledge, skills, and dexterity in conducting scientific research and providing objective, dependable scientific conclusions in court.
- PEO4 By educating the public about the various tactics used by criminals to commit crimes, RIMT forensic graduates will serve society in a way that goes beyond their expertise as forensic experts.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Problem Solving Attitude: Be proficient in integrating knowledge and applying their understanding in identifying problems and producing powerful solutions.
- PO2 Professional Competence: Attain professional competence, intellectual maturity and personal growth along with a commitment for ethical development of the industry.
- PO3 Critical Analysis & Decision Making: ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- PO4 Environment and Sustainability: To develop understanding of environment impact of businesses and be able to apply forensic knowledge to develop sustainable crime solving methods.
- PO5 Ethics & Values: To learn and apply Forensic ethics principles and be committed to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the crime scene management.
- PO6 Individual & Team Work: To develop team skills and be able to lead various cross functional team with members from different background. An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- PO7 Life Long Learning: Aptitude to acquire newer knowledge and skills, assimilate and adapt them to be ready to confront uncharted environment scientifically and confidently.
- PO8 Global Orientation and Cross-Cultural Appreciation: Ability to face any issues related to forensic science especially related to DNA, Fingerprints and Handwriting examination from a global perspective with confidence, positivity and exhibit an understanding of Cross Cultural perspective of science and technology.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Students will understand the basic concepts, fundamental principles, scientific theories related to forensic science and their respective applications in day-to-day life.
- PSO2 Students will be able to design & demonstrate the use of tools and techniques required to provide solutions based on the available data. They will develop scientific outlook not only with respect to the science subjects but also in all aspects related to life.
- PSO3 Students will become familiar with the various disciplines of forensic science like forensic toxicology, forensic ballistics, fingerprint examination, questioned documents, etc. They will also learn to apply appropriate tests and techniques for the qualitative as well as quantitative analysis of various evidences in laboratories as well as industries.
There are possible opportunities for graduates in information security such as network security engineers, forensic analysts, information security crime investigators, security architects, disaster recovery managers and security analysts.