This programme is designed to meet the international standards and is recognised and accepted by various regulatory bodies.
Eligibility & Admission
10+2 Medical with 50% aggregate marks.
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
- Safe and effective use of therapeutic exercise incorporating decision making, goal setting and design of exercise program.
- Understand the biological, physical and behavioral sciences which underpin physiotherapy.
- Use this knowledge and understanding appropriately in a variety of practice contexts.
- Implement clinical practice based on research evidence.
- Apply appropriate physiotherapy assessment techniques.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 Future Prospects: To Develop and create a competent physiotherapist who will utilize and practice professional principles of physiotherapy in self practice, hospitals, government and non-government organizations, academics, research institutes and cooperate settings.
- PEO2 Professional Competence: Integrate knowledge of basic sciences and physiotherapy in order to modify treatment approaches that reflect the breadth and scope of physiotherapy practice and Demonstrate clinical competency in evaluation, treatment planning and implementation.
- PEO3 Leadership Quality: To inculcate students with leadership skills with high level of integrity for team building and also an ability to function professionally with ethical responsibility as an individual as well as in multidisciplinary team with positive attitude.
- PEO4 Life Long Learning: Sustain continued professional development through lifelong learning activities and work for development of field that includes creation, absorption and adoption of new knowledge and tools.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Problem analysis: Ability to asses, analyze and treat patients with various diseases and disorders in the field of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation sciences.
- PO2 Design/development of Treatment Protocol: Design and implement treatment protocol for various disease and disorders according to the need of the patients with appropriate consideration of functional and environmental needs.
- PO3 Knowledge Application: Apply the concepts of Anatomy, physiology and kinesiology in professional Physiotherapy Practice and select various exercise therapies and Electrotherapeutic techniques for prevention and Treatment of various conditions.
- PO4 Case studies and clinical Trial: An ability to design and conduct clinical trial, analyze data and provide well informed conclusions on a given study
- PO5 Evidence Based Practice: Employ critical thinking and evidence-based practice to make clinical decisions about physical therapy services. Also collaborate with patients, caregivers, and other health care providers to develop and implement an evidence-based plan of care that coordinates human and financial resources.
- PO6 Professional Conduct: Able to work professionally in the field of physiotherapy and maintain good intrapersonal and interpersonal skills.
- PO7 Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO8 Ethics: Practice ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of healthcare industry.
- PO9 Communication: Ability to communicate effectively on different diseases and disorders treated by physiotherapists, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions to the Patients and fellow colleagues.
- PO10 Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional practice and health industry solutions in society and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PO11 Use of Modern Technology/ Recent Advances: Apply scientific research and other forms of best evidences in the practice of physiotherapy.
- PO12 Life Long Learning: Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth and lifelong learning to upgrade skills backed by empirical scientific studies.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Develop the ability to collect history, perform relevant clinical assessment and frame appropriate electrotherapeutic and exercise therapy management for the patients.
- PSO2 Able to counsel the patients, family, colleagues and students regarding all necessary aspects of physiotherapy treatment protocol.
- PSO3 Promote health education and improved quality of life through socially accepted and ethical practice of the profession.
- PSO4 Work effectively in various inter professional collaborative settings like hospitals, Rehabilitation Centers, Special Schools, Health and Fitness Centers.
Students have career opportunities in industries (industrial health), special schools, health and fitness clinics, multinational companies for fitness of their employers and wherever people are at risk of injury from their occupation or activity. Physiotherapists play an integral part in the health sector and hence are required in all hospitals. The common areas are outpatients, orthopaedics, neurological rehabilitation, cardiac disorders, pulmonary disorders, postoperative care, intensive care, paediatrics, women’s health, care of the elderly, mental illness, learning difficulties, occupational health and terminal illness.