LLM is postgraduate Law programme. Law is a rule or body of rules of conduct established and regulated by an authority. The duration of Master of Law is two years.
Eligibility & Admission
Students will possess knowledge and understanding of substantive and procedural law.
Demonstrate professionalism consistent with the legal profession’s values and standards.
Demonstrate communication skills, including oral advocacy.
Demonstrate familiarity with the rules of professional ethics.
Demonstrate a personal commitment to the advancement of justice.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 To acquire and apply legal knowledge to the complex Socio-legal problems.
- PEO2 To possess professional skills required for legal practice such as argument, Pleading , drafting and conveyancing etc.
- PEO3 To make awareness about Constitutional legislative and societal transformation and to develop clinical abilities.
- PEO4 Every graduate will become skilled in legal research , written and oral communication , team-work and problem solving.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Development of thoughts, visions and ideas: To develop thoughts, ideas, visions for theoretical and practical application in the lives of students in relation to disciplines relating to historical perspectives of society, polity, law and economics, languages etc.
- PO2 Professional Practice: To make students eligible to practice in courts, industries, companies as legal practitioner in relation to economic and prevailing legal issues of the society.
- PO3 Critical, analytical and professional Skills: To possess professional skills required for legal practice such as argument, pleading, drafting, conveyance, etc in relation to deal with socio- economic problems in present times.
- PO4 Professional Ethics: To understand and apply principles of professional ethics of legal profession in order to deal sensitively with present socio- economic issues of the society at large and to know about the legal history, present social conditions and polity of sovereignty, state etc.
- PO5 Language research &reasoning: To develop legal research skills, legal reasoning and apply it during programme & in legal practice.
- PO6 Self-reflection & lifelong learning: To develop an attitude of self-reflection while learning & recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of changing legal contexts.
- PO7 Self-employability: To provide a platform of self-employability by developing professional skills in legal industry.
- PO8 Leadership skills: To develop leadership qualities amongst students.
- PO9 Lifelong Learning: To make awareness about constitutional, legislative and social transformation in society and to develop clinical abilities.
- PO10 Layering skills: Every graduate will become skilled in legal research, written and oral communication, teamwork, advocacy and problem-solving.
- PO11 Interpretation and Legal Reasoning: To encourage and enlighten the students towards development of legal reasoning and interpretation of statutory provisions, maxims etc.
- PO12 Multi-faceted outlook towards contemporary issues: To receive insight into various global perspectives of prevailing concerns of law in legal field.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Should be able to demonstrate understanding of substantive and procedural law sufficient to enter the legal profession and professions in which legal knowledge is an advantage.
- PSO2 Should possess the skills to communicate in both oral and written forms and ability to formulate legal problems and using appropriate concepts and methods to solve them.
Master of Law is an Internationally recognized Postgraduate Academic Master Degree which is awarded for a course or program in Law.LL.M. course structure is based upon various specialisations. LL.M. is especially meant for those candidates who want to specialize in a particular area of Law. It is also beneficial for those who wish to acquire in-depth knowledge in Law. It can also be pursued by those who are just not satisfies with a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Law.Master of Law enables a candidate to gain specialized knowledge through research in a particular area of Law.An LL.M. degree enhances one’s repute as LL.M. degree signifies advanced, specialized legal training and it also signifies that a person is qualified to work in a multinational legal environment.
- Human Rights
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Constitutional Law
- Intellectual Property Right
- International Economics Law
Bar Council of India (BCI)