B.Tech Mechanical Engineering (LEET) is an undergraduate course. It is the branch of engineering that involves the production and usage of heat and mechanical power for the design, production and operation of machines and tools.
Eligibility & Admission
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
Apply basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve technical problems.
Design and analyze a system component, or process to meet desired needs in Mechanical Engineering.
Design a system and conduct experiments to find suitable solution in the field of mechanical engineering.
Identify, visualize, formulate and solve engineering problems in the field of mechanical Engineering.
Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice with appropriate considerations for societal, and environmental constraints.
- Apply their fundamental field skills towards the understanding of the impact of engineering solutions on the society in a global and social context.
- Impart knowledge of contemporary issues about society and environment.
To educate, prepare and mentor students to excel as professionals.
To provide the facilities and environment conducive to high quality education to get diverse careers as well as research in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
To engage the students in academic as well as scholarly activities, which strengthen the department reputation in global market.
Apply fundamental technical knowledge and skills to find workable solutions to technological challenges and problems in core and allied areas of mechanical engineering.
Design and develop Engineering system components with the sense of ethics, professionalism for the benefit of the industry as well as society.
- Enhance their professional career through continual learning to take-up challenging task in the organization they work with good technical competency, communication skills and team spirit.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 To prepare learners with a solid foundation in mathematics, sciences, and technical skills needed to analyze and design in engineering problems.
- PEO2 To be able to explore areas of research, application & innovation and make impact in different types of institutional settings such as corporate entities, government bodies, NGOs, inter-government organizations, & start-ups.
- PEO3 To prepare learners to apply knowledge, strong reasoning, and quantitative skills to design and implement creative and sustainable solutions.
- PEO4 To prepare learners to effectively use modern equipment’s & programming tools to solve real life problems that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable.
- PEO5 To prepare learners for successful professional career, to excel in higher studies and or to become entrepreneur.
- PEO6 To be able to continuously learn and update one’s knowledge, engage in lifelong learning habits and acquire latest knowledge to perform in current work settings.
- PEO7 To prepare learners to become responsible citizens by serving the community locally, nationally, and internationally.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and mechanical engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2 Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3 Design solutions for complex mechanical engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- PO4 Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5 Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex mechanical engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6 Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- PO7 Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8 Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9 Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10 Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11 Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12 Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Apply mechanical engineering and interdisciplinary knowledge for analyzing, designing and manufacturing products to address the needs of the society.
- PSO2 Apply state of the art tools and techniques to conceptualize, design and introduce new products, processes, systems and services.
Mechanical engineers are hugely demanded in both India and abroad. Generally hired by manufacturing industries, these engineers have an employment opportunity in both private and public sectors. The MNC and Government sectors also hire these engineers. They also have equal opportunities outside India.