Crop protection is a very important aspect of agriculture. Insect-pests incur huge losses to the standing crops and stored grains and their products. Pass-outs in Entomology will be performing a valuable role both in academia and industry by preventing losses caused due to insects through innovative technologies with least disturbance to the environment and non-target organisms apart from ensuring better yields from the useful insects such as honeybees and silk worms.
Eligibility & Admission
- Students will understand and analyze the current events and issues that are occurring in agriculture and how they affect your future in agriculture.
- Students will be able to recognize and examine the relationships between inputs and outputs in their agricultural field to make effective and profitable decisions.
- Students will understand how all aspects of agriculture combine and are used by scientists, marketers, and producers.
- Students will understand how employer characteristics and decision-making at various levels enhance the success of an agricultural enterprise.
- Students will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills as they apply to a variety of animal and or plant production systems.
Many Government, as well as private job opportunities exist for passing out professionals. In the govt. sector, state agriculture departments recruit pass outs to fill up Officer level posts. Colleges hire M.Sc. folks to work as Lecturers. Government Banks also hire them to fill up Officer level posts (that primarily deals with Agriculture related loans). In the private sector, graduates find jobs as managers at plantations, as officers at fertilizer manufacturing firms, agriculture machinery industries, agricultural products marketing firms, food processing firms etc.