Agronomy is considered mother of all sciences in agriculture. The students will be imparted training in various aspects of crop production, farming system, organic farming, geoinformatics, nano-technology and precision farming for the benefit of academia and industry.
Eligibility & Admission
- Students will understand and analyze the current events and issues that are occurring in agriculture and how they affect your future in agriculture.
- Students will be able to recognize and examine the relationships between inputs and outputs in their agricultural field to make effective and profitable decisions.
- Students will understand how all aspects of agriculture combine and are used by scientists, marketers, and producers.
- Students will understand how employer characteristics and decision-making at various levels enhance the success of an agricultural enterprise.
- Students will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills as they apply to a variety of animal and or plant production systems.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 The subject revolves around the scientific study of agriculture. This will help to improve the quality of the yield and will also increase the production rate.
- PEO2 The course also provides an integrated understanding of economic and social considerations in the agricultural systems.
- PEO3 To develop a good teaching-learning environment for higher studies and help in selection of professional careers in government and private organization, agro-based industries, educational/ research/extension, institutes etc.
- PEO4 The students will get excellent job offers in areas like Agriculture/Dairy Industries, Fertilizer Industries, and Food Processing Units.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 To impart first and knowledge on agriculture and allied sciences
- PO2 To impart in-depth practical knowledge in agriculture and allied sciences.
- PO3 To disseminate different technologies through various extension activities.
- PO4 To Understand the impact of the professional agricultural solution in societal and environmental context.
- PO5 Team Work: Play effective roles in multidisciplinary teams.
- PO6 Educational Leadership: Recognize and meet emerging agriculture challenges of global society in the 21st century and developing leadership and strong linkages in the agro-industrial setup.
- PO7 Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the scientific practice.
- PO8 Computational Skills : Recognize, analyze problems and plan strategies for their solutions with the help of computer skills.
- PO9 Data Handling : Collect, analyze and interpret scientific data.
- PO10 To make students competitive in pursuing higher studies.
- PO11 To provide knowledge on commercial agricultural production practices.
- PO12 This programme will also help students to enhance their employability for jobs in Different sectors.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 To provide knowledge on working of different farm implements.
- PSO2 Detailed knowledge on horticulture, agronomy and plant pathology practices.
Many Government, as well as private job opportunities exist for passing out professionals. In the govt. sector, state agriculture departments recruit pass outs to fill up Officer level posts. Colleges hire M.Sc. folks to work as Lecturers. Government Banks also hire them to fill up Officer level posts (that primarily deals with Agriculture related loans). In the private sector, graduates find jobs as managers at plantations, as officers at fertilizer manufacturing firms, agriculture machinery industries, agricultural products marketing firms, food processing firms etc.