Masters of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Chemistry is a two-year (four semesters) postgraduate programme in the field of Pharmacy. It is a non-dispensing area of study in Pharmacy which deals more in research aspects of the subject over the service and patient care.
Eligibility & Admission
The candidates who fit the following eligibility criteria can apply for M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Chemistry:
- Should hold a B.Pharm from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 55% marks in under graduate degree.
- Relaxation of up to 5% marks is applicable for the reserved categories.
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
By studying pharmaceutical chemistry, one gets to know the following aspects:
- The subject highlights the study of drugs. The features discovery of drugs, pharmacology, quality assurance and drug chemistry.
- It includes quality and assurance tests which ensure preciseness and standardization of the particular formulation designed by the pharmacists.
- Students get to learn about the skills needed to do quality check and assurance in the drug compounds.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry will inculcate the habit of critical thinking in the minds of chemistry as the subjects involve developing new drugs for the healthcare industries.
- Candidates will get to learn regarding the most advanced searches in this field and will get to know in detail.
- Candidates fond of doing research will get to discover new drugs from the elements of the organic and synthetic compounds into the medicinal uses.
M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry offers immense scope for the candidates in the future. This can prove to be a great career for the candidates as the healthcare and medicine industry holds a great and immense scope in the future as well as in the present.
Assisting and checking the quality and safety of drugs.
It involves dictation and recording of the medical prescription by the physicians.
Analytical Chemist performs basic research, process and product development, design instrument and analytical techniques.
Researchers in the pharmacy field usually work in the development of new drugs, pharmaceutical cares and services.
Professors include providing teaching and developing course material, supervising postgraduate research work and publishing journals.