It is an established fact that there is greater demand for skilled manpower. All the hospitality organisations be it hotels, restaurants, fast food outlets, resorts, railways, airlines, cruise liners and other allied industries, require trained personnel to man their operations. This diploma programme equips students in the basic areas of specialisation and provides hands on training to students in the institute kitchens and laboratories.
Eligibility & Admission
Passed 10+2 or equivalent with English as one of the subjects with 50% aggregate marks.
- Develop leadership and management skills through group cooperation.
- To provide the students with an experiential learning opportunity at various levels of responsibility.
- Recognize the importance of outstanding guest service quality, server-guest relationships, and ethics.
- To provide the student with a “real life” experience in the hospitality industry.
- Apply and improve written, oral, and non-verbal communication skills.
A variety of production and service jobs exist in the food industry, ranging from cooking and culinary preparation to produce warehouse management. Food production service workers may be employed at full-service and fast-food restaurants, cafeterias, schools, hospitals, nonprofit organizations, government agencies, storage facilities and farms. The training typically focuses on food and preparation, while advanced studies often equip graduates for supervisory positions. Specific occupational options may include cook, chef, food supplier, banquet manager, purchasing manager or food production director, among others.