Master of Technology in Computer Aided Design & Computer Aided Manufacturing is a 2 years full time postgraduate course which is divided into 4 semesters. Candidates need to complete graduation in a relevant discipline from a recognized university as minimum eligibility criterion.
CAD/CAM engineering is a specialization in operation, use and application of computer software to create design for a variety of industries. It is aimed at building drafting skills in electronic structures. M. Tech in CAD/CAM imparts, through a holistic curriculum, skills to apply computer and scientific principles to solve problems related to manufacturing.
Candidates interested in learning the discipline at an advanced level with ample knowledge of computer- based tools, techniques and methods employed in product- designing may opt for this program. The course is suited for candidates with potential to develop the product in the R&D section of the industry in a shorter time while gaining a substantial foothold in the market
Eligibility & Admission
An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
An ability to identify, formulates, and solve engineering problems.
An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
An ability to communicate effectively.
Post-Graduates will pursue career paths in teaching or research.
Post-Graduates will be successful in pursuing higher studies in engineering or management.
Post-Graduates will be engineering practitioners and leaders, who would help solve industry’s technological problems.
Post-Graduates will be engineering professionals, innovators or entrepreneurs engaged in technology development & engineering system implementation in industry.
Post-Graduates will Design and develop Engineering system components with the sense of ethics, professionalism for the benefit of the industry as well as society.
- Post-Graduates will interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and society and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 To prepare learners with a solid foundation in mathematics, sciences, and technical skills needed to analyze and design in engineering problems.
- PEO2 To be able to explore areas of research, application & innovation and make impact in different types of institutional settings such as corporate entities, government bodies, NGOs, inter-government organizations, & start-ups.
- PEO3 To prepare learners to apply knowledge, strong reasoning, and quantitative skills to design and implement creative and sustainable solutions.
- PEO4 To prepare learners to effectively use modern equipment’s & programming tools to solve real life problems that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable.
- PEO5 To prepare learners for successful professional career, to excel in higher studies and or to become entrepreneur.
- PEO6 To be able to continuously learn and update one’s knowledge, engage in lifelong learning habits and acquire latest knowledge to perform in current work settings.
- PEO7 To prepare learners to become responsible citizens by serving the community locally, nationally, and internationally.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and mechanical engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2 Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3 Design solutions for complex mechanical engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- PO4 Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5 Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex mechanical engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6 Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- PO7 Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8 Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9 Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10 Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11 Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12 Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Apply mechanical engineering and interdisciplinary knowledge for analyzing, designing and manufacturing products to address the needs of the society.
- PSO2 Apply state of the art tools and techniques to conceptualize, design and introduce new products, processes, systems and services.
Successful postgraduates of the course are hired in PWD, CPWD, Defense, Power Plants, Agricultural Organizations, Space Research Institutes etc. They are hired in capacities such as Surveyor, Agricultural Designer, Aerospace Designer, Electrical Designer, Mechanical Designer, Manufacturing Designer, Civil Engineer Technician etc.