The Physical Education and sports program provides each student with the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive program consisting of skill development, lead up games, team sports, and physical fitness activities. The students receive instruction in rules, skills, and strategies associated with the different sports as well as learning experiences involving physical conditioning activities. The students will also have opportunities to become involved in life-long physical activities through individual sport units. The program promotes the spirit of cooperation, leadership, fair play, and friendly competition. There is a well-equipped library and International standard sports play fields for students pursuing this course.
Eligibility & Admission
- To introduce students to the breadth, diversity, and creativity of human experience as expressed in the humanities and arts.
- To develop students’ ability to think critically and independently about the world.
- To enhance students’ ability to communicate effectively with others in a spirit of openness and cooperation.
- To encourage students to reflect on their responsibilities to others in local, national and global communities.
- To kindle in students a life-long interest in the humanities & art.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 A platform shall be provided to understand the nature, purpose and philosophy of physical education and sports
- PEO2 Potentialities shall be developed for planning and organising physical education programmes and activities.
- PEO3 Capacity shall be developed to organize leisure and recreational activities.
- PEO4 The basic teaching, organising & administrating physical education & sports programs effectively through the use of technology shall be provided.
- PEO5 Physical education students shall be empowered to inspire their students to actively participate in physical and yogic exercises, games and sports.
- PEO6 Communication skills and competencies shall be developed to organise school and community games and sports.
- PEO7 The spirit of sportsmanship, self-control, judgement, emotional stability, mental and physical alertness, scientific temper, optimism & respect shall be cultivated.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Disciplinary knowledge: Capable of demonstrating comprehensive knowledge and understanding of one or more disciplines that form a part of the undergraduate programme of study.
- PO2 Communication Skills: Ability to understand and express thoughts and ideas effectively in writing and orally; to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to different groups.
- PO3 Critical thinking and Problem solving: Capability to analyze and evaluate evidence, arguments, claims, beliefs on the basis of empirical evidence; formulate coherent arguments; critically evaluate practices, policies and theories by following scientific approach to knowledge development and apply their competency to solve different kinds of problems and apply to real life situations.
- PO4 Analytical and Scientific reasoning: Ability to analyze, interpret and draw conclusions from quantitative/qualitative data; and critically evaluate ideas, evidence and experiences from an open-minded and reasoned perspective.
- PO5 Research-related skills: Ability to recognize cause-and-effect relationships, define problems, formulate hypotheses, test hypotheses, analyze, interpret and draw conclusions from data, ability to plan, execute and report the results of an experiment or investigation.
- PO6 Team work and Leadership qualities: Function effectively as an individual, and as a team member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary environment.
- PO7 Information/digital literacy: Capability to use ICT tools in a variety of learning situations, demonstrate ability to access, evaluate, and use a variety of relevant information sources; and use appropriate software for analysis of data and further presentation.
- PO8 Moral and ethical awareness: Ability to embrace moral/ethical values in conducting one’s life, formulate a position/argument about an ethical issue from multiple perspectives, and use ethical practices in all work. Appreciate environmental and sustainability issues; and adopting objective, unbiased and truthful actions in all aspects of work.
- PO9 Lifelong learning: Ability to update knowledge and skills, participating in learning activities throughout life, through self-paced and self-directed learning aimed at personal development, meeting economic, social and cultural objectives.
- PO10 Use technological applications to facilitate effective assessment and evaluation strategies, and enhance personal productivity and professional practice.
- PO11 Maintain a health-enhancing level of fitness throughout the program as well as be able to collect and analyze personal fitness data.
- PO12 Speak proficiently in two or more languages Convey written information related to physical education and sports effectively.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Graduates will demonstrate effective communication and pedagogical skills, utilize strategies to enhance student engagement and learning, and create appropriate managerial rules and routines in order to create a safe effective learning environment.
- PSO2 Graduates will demonstrate competence in movement skills, analyze the performance of motor skills (particularly team and individual sports activities and dance/rhythms), as well as prepare and teach written lesson plans which address student learning of motor skills and analysis and assessment of these skills.
- PSO3 Graduates will select and create learning experiences that are appropriate for curriculum goals, relevant to learners, show evidence of sequential learning, incorporate modifications for variations in learning styles and performance, and are based on the principles of effective instruction.
After pursuing Bachelor of Physical Education & Sports, students can find jobs in various sectors like education, sports organizations, federations, gymnasiums, etc. They get to work in the capacity of profiles like Gym Trainer, Physical Education Educator, Yoga Instructor, etc.