M.Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Chemistry is a 2-year postgraduate course in pharmacy, spread over 4 semesters.
Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry are disciplines at the intersection of chemistry, especially Synthetic Organic Chemistry and Pharmacology, among various other biological specialties involved with design, substance combination and advancement aimed for the market of pharmaceutical drugs.
Eligibility & Admission
- Bachelor in Pharmacy with 55% aggregate marks for General/OBC
- Bachelor in Pharmacy with 50% aggregate marks for SC/ST
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
- Develop analytical instrumental techniques for identification, characterization and quantification of drugs.
- Describe different techniques of organic synthesis, mechanisms, their application to process chemistry and drug discovery.
- Design and develop lead molecules using CADD.
- Isolate, elucidate and characterize medicinal compounds from natural origin.
- Operate equipment / instruments required for the characterization and quantification of organic compounds.
- Design new techniques of organic synthesis using green chemistry.
- Design and implement research projects independently.
The aim of the programme is to produce postgraduates with advanced knowledge and understanding of Pharmaceutical chemistry; higher order critical, analytical, problem solving and transferable skills; ability to think rigorously and independently to meet higher level expectations of pharmaceutical industry, academics, research or take up entrepreneurial route.
- Research & Development.
- Analytical R&D and Formulation Development (F&D).
- Manufacturing, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs.
- Sales & Marketing.
- Hospital / Clinical / Community Pharmacy.