This two year programme provides every opportunity to those who desire to have training in Clinical Laboratory Technology. It seeks to fill the prevailing lacuna, to the extent possible, so that the rural masses will have the opportunity of receiving the services of such suitably qualified medical laboratory technicians. Outreach Programmes, organized by specialists conducting this course periodically, provide the much-desired exposure to the students and the clinical needs of the rural masses.
Eligibility & Admission
Communicate effectively in writing on a variety of topics related to health care.
Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of the delivery of culturally competent health care.
Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to search and retrieve information and materials related to individual clinical practice issues or overall health policy concerns.
Describe and demonstrate management / leadership skills and theories that can be applied in preparation to lead or manage effectively in a health care environment.
Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 To create knowledge about core areas related to the field of Medical Laboratory.
- PEO2 Analyze, interpret and apply concepts of clinical testing for healthcare decision making.
- PEO3 To exhibit the knowledge of entrepreneurial qualities and explore entrepreneurial opportunities by Working effectively and professionally in teams and enabling them to evaluate investment.
- PEO4 To employ interpersonal communication skills in relaying laboratory test information and when interacting with patients, lab personnel and other health care professionals.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Clinical Exposure: Apply knowledge and technical skills associated with medical laboratory technology for delivering quality clinical investigations support in number of Hospitals and diagnostics centers for sustainable development.
- PO2 Technician: Perform routine clinical laboratory procedures within acceptable quality control parameters in hematology, biochemistry, immunohematology and microbiology. Recognize the impact of laboratory tests in a global and environmental context.
- PO3 Social Exposure: Demonstrate technical skills, social behavior and professional awareness for functioning effectively as a laboratory technician.
- PO4 Scientific Exposure: These are also several types of positions available, such as research labs, diagnostic Laboratories and management of a team. Apply the fundamental of research process to complete and present research study that enriches the field of physical therapy.
- PO5 Skill Development: Apply problem solving technique in identifications and corrections of pre analytical, post analytical & analytical variable.
- PO6 Leadership and Team Work: Function as a leader / team member in diverse professional and industrial research areas. Ability to Communicate effectively by oral, written and graphical means to achieve collaborative cooperation for synergy in an organizational and across organizational boundaries.
- PO7 Life Long Learning: Aptitude to acquire newer knowledge and skills, assimilate and adapt them to be ready to confront uncharted environment scientifically and confidently.
- PO8 Entrepreneurship: A strong business sense to explore entrepreneurial opportunities and leverage managerial & leadership skills for initiating, leading & managing start-ups as well as professionalizing and growing businesses.
- PO9 Social Responsiveness and Ethics: Function in an ethical and professional manner without bias against any ethnicity, race, religion, caste or gender. Practice professional and ethical responsibilities with high degree of credibility, integrity and social concern.
- PO10 Environment and Sustainability: Exhibit understanding to assess the impact of managerial decisions and business priorities on the societal, economic and environmental aspects for sustainable development.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Search professional explore about the latest research corners in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- PSO2 They expertise in advance clinical intervention techniques based on evidence based practices.
- PSO3 After successful completion the students shall be proficient in making diagnosis and skills of testing procedure and techniques.
- PSO4 As a health professional the students shall have an added responsibility towards the community health issue.
After passing, students can assist doctors in taking samples, centrifuging, making slides, using specified stains etc, under proper guidance. They have also varied scopes available in molecular diagnostics, molecular biotechnology companies and in vitro fertilization laboratories as well as in research labs. They can also assume administrative functions such as reporting and recording results of tests conducted in the laboratory, maintaining accurate clinical records, selecting and evaluating laboratory equipment and new test methodologies and performing other duties as may be assigned by the laboratory supervisor.
5 semester didactic and practical and 6th semester internship.