This programme has been designed to impart advanced and specialized technical training to eligible candidates in medical imaging techniques such as CT scan and MRI, specialized PACS and QM, and other regular procedures.
Eligibility & Admission
He/she has passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination recognized by any Indian University or a duly constituted Board with pass marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology
Diploma in Medical Radiology and Imaging Technology after completing 12th class/ 10 +2 of CBSE or equivalent with minimum aggregate of 50% marks in physics chemistry and biology provided the candidate has passed in each subject separately.
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
Communicate effectively in writing on a variety of topics related to health care.
Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of the delivery of culturally competent health care.
Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to search and retrieve information and materials related to individual clinical practice issues or overall health policy concerns.
Describe and demonstrate management / leadership skills and theories that can be applied in preparation to lead or manage effectively in a health care environment.
Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 Establish their careers in the field of medical imaging and related areas like clinical application designing, providing innovative and effective solutions to image the patient with high skilled techniques.
- PEO2 To provide students with a solid foundation in human body parts, their functioning, use and production of radiation and different imaging techniques.
- PEO3 To train students with good clinical practice skills and imaging protocols so as to develop newer imaging techniques for different type of diseases.
- PEO4 To provide students with an environment with modern imaging modalities and high skilled health professionals so that they will be handle patient in emergency situation comfortably.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Aims to have a vast knowledge of human body: Students gains the deep knowledge about the parts of human body, their function, their anatomical positions, structure and compositions.
- PO2 Aims to know the working principle of the radiological equipment: Capability to identify the phenomena on which equipment work, aware about the production of the x – rays, teaches the role of the elements in the working, gives the knowledge about the use of radiological equipment in the diagnosis of the different diseases.
- PO3 Aims to provide knowledge on radiation protection and dose measurement technique: Students gain the deep knowledge about protection of the patient and staff as well from the Harmful or unwanted radiations, to identify the risk, impact on health, dose limits for patient and staff, reading for the measurement of the dose, sign and symbols.
- PO4 Effective Communication: Students gain deep knowledge about the different radiological procedures and working of the body parts so that they can communicate with patient more effectively by elaborating the whole procedure so that patient will feel comfortable during the examinations.
- PO5 Leadership and Team Work: Ability to achieve quality to lead the team in right direction and guidance to the junior with extreme knowledge about all the modality and the procedures. And students are also trained for medical emergency situations so that they can deal more easily as a team during the critical hours.
- PO6 Global Orientation and Cross-Cultural Appreciation: Ability to face any clinical issues from a global perspective with confidence, positivity like epidemic and exhibit an understanding of Cross-Cultural perspective of clinical and hospital management.
- PO7 Entrepreneurship: A strong business sense to explore entrepreneurial opportunities and leverage managerial & leadership skills for initiating, leading & managing startups like XRay, CT and MRI etc. as well as professionalizing and growing own diagnostic field.
- PO8 Interventional Radiology and angiographic techniques: Students gain deep knowledge about the different interventional procedures, angiographic techniques and deep knowledge about the blood vessels.
- PO9 Understand professional and ethical responsibility: Discover the all types of responsibility related to professional towards the patient, medical ethical Values, role of a professional, clinical responsibility, problem solving attitude, work efficiency, Relation between professional and patient and with the fellow colleague.
- PO10 Life Long Learning: Aptitude to acquire newer knowledge and skills, assimilate and adapt them to be ready to confront uncharted environment scientifically and confidently.
- PO11 Sound Decision making: Use of appropriate technologies in gathering and analyzing data relevant to decision-making for patient’s reports and prescription of treatment to the patient.
- PO12 Effective Opportunity Identification; Evaluate clinical environment and opportunities and devise strategies for responding effectively to problems, threats, and opportunities
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Demonstrate practical aim of different instruments like ionization chambers, focal spot measurements, kVp measurement, radiation dosimeters, phantoms, cassettes, screens and lead shields etc. And handling of the radiological equipments.
- PSO2 Demonstrate knowledge on various radiological positioning and techniques for different type of examinations in different modalities like X-Ray, Computed Tomography, X-ray, fluoroscopy, MRI and other medical imaging techniques.
- PSO3 Describe modern imaging technologies for different type of the diseases and impact of the same on the healthcare system.
Radiographers perform procedures such as ultrasound tests, sonographies, etc. They are popularly hired across nursing homes, doctor’s facilities, hospitals, diagnostic centers, and also super-specialty healing centers.
Mohandai Oswal Hospital, Ludhiana