During the programme, candidates are educated about various aspects and equipment used in dialysis treatment and are trained to perform various roles from equipment repair and maintenance to water treatment monitoring, to dialyzer reprocessing, vascular access monitoring as well as direct patient care. The students get an in-depth knowledge about the basic anatomy and physiology, dialysis prescription interpretation, safety and sanitation, emergency interventions, and professional standards and ethics.
Eligibility & Admission
Students who have successfully completed Diploma in Dialysis Therapy Technology and would like to pursue B.Sc Dialysis Therapy Technology can directly enter into the second year or 3rd Semester.
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
Communicate effectively in writing on a variety of topics related to health care.
Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of the delivery of culturally competent health care.
Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to search and retrieve information and materials related to individual clinical practice issues or overall health policy concerns.
Describe and demonstrate management / leadership skills and theories that can be applied in preparation to lead or manage effectively in a health care environment.
Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 Establish their careers in the field of Dialysis technology and related areas, providing innovative and effective solutions.
- PEO2 To Analyze, interpret and apply concepts of patient health care skill and dialysis machine handling skill.
- PEO3 To train students with good scientific knowledge of entrepreneurial qualities and explore entrepreneurial opportunities by working effectively and professionally in teams and enabling them to evaluate their practical skill.
- PEO4 To provide students with an academic environment aware of excellence, leadership, ethical code and guidelines, and the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Dialysis Therapy Knowledge:- Students gain a deep knowledge regarding kidney, its related diseases, analytical skills, techniques of Hemodialyis and Peritoneal dialysis ) along with excipients, sitting session for treatment form studies including novel approaches, designing and development of dialysis machine, analysis etc.
- PO2 Research Analysis: Students could apply the knowledge of dialysis in research field to make new discoveries.
- PO3 Design & Development of dialysis machine: Various design forms could be prepared by the dialysis technician in the manufacturing companies for the ease of patients and to avoid complications.
- PO4 Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5 Modern methods usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern methods with an understanding of the limitations and its usage. The student also learns to handle many instruments related to their studies which would help them work in a Pharmaceutical Industry, pharmacovigilance, regulatory requirements, legal processes etc.
- PO6 Dialysis and society: Dialysis technician provides complete health care data and practices to the people of the society and guides them to be healthy. The student also learns dialysis techniques, patient counseling, ethical laws etc. Student gains expertise in dialysis therapies with all precautions and in-depth knowledge of sessions, adverse effect and other health related issues to deal with indoor and outdoor patients admitted in hospitals and also in public.
- PO7 Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional Dialysis technician in society and environment, and make an impact of it on the people of the society.
- PO8 Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the Dialysis technician practice. Student is also trained in ethical behavior with physician, nurses and other paramedical staff for protecting patient’s health.
- PO9 Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams acts as a multidisciplinary person in every context.
- PO10 Communication: Communicate effectively on dialysis therapies session with the community and with society.
- PO11 Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PO12 Social Interaction: Being a public welfare job a dialysis technician would be able to interact With the people in a better way to cure them and make them feel healthy.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Perform the different procedures required by the Dialysis unit like priming dialysis circuit, cannulation, central line insertion and peritoneal dialysis etc.
- PSO2 Able to apply the knowledge of the reuse of dialyzers and new advance technique used in Dialysis.
- PSO3 Able to do multidisciplinary jobs in the kidney care hospitals where patients undergoing hemodialyis.
Graduates of B.Sc. Dialysis have numerous job opportunities not only in India but all over the world. After successful completion of the course, one can find job in various government and private hospitals, and in areas like Outpatient Clinics, Freestanding Dialysis Centers, Research and Educational Institutes.
Mohandai Oswal Hospital, Ludhiana