MA (Punjabi) is a postgraduate Punjabi language programme. Here, there is live wire interaction among thinkers, writers and teachers on one hand, and between the intellectuals and the students on the other hand, ensuring that the programme plays an important role in Punjabi literature and culture’s dynamic transformation throughout.
Eligibility & Admission
- To introduce students to the breadth, diversity, and creativity of human experience as expressed in the humanities and arts.
- To develop students’ ability to think critically and independently about the world.
- To enhance students’ ability to communicate effectively with others in a spirit of openness and cooperation.
- To encourage students to reflect on their responsibilities to others in local, national and global communities.
- To kindle in students a life-long interest in the humanities & art.
The students having passed this programme have a lot of career scopes. Employment areas are administration, translation agencies, research, public relations, teaching, publication, television, media, on-line tutoring, journalism and reporting, corporate communications and advertising industry. Typical job profiles are translators, speech writers, copywriters, teacher & lecturers, proof readers, content writers, interpreters, correspondents & publishers, editors, speech translators, tutors, organisors and administrators.