MA (Political Science) is a postgraduate Political Science course. It is a two years programme and includes a comprehensive and thorough study of Political Science as a discipline at an advanced level. MA (Political Science) course involves the study of the theory and practice of politics and description and analysis of political system and political behaviour. It also covers study of both national and international political systems, historical and modern political systems, public administration, governmental policies and procedures, international relations and public affairs. The study of this field includes topics such as Principles of Political Science, Indian Political System, Major Governments of the World, International Relations, etc. The course provides widespread career scopes to the candidates.
Eligibility & Admission
|Registration Fee (One Time)||10,000/-INR|
- To introduce students to the breadth, diversity, and creativity of human experience as expressed in the humanities and arts.
- To develop students’ ability to think critically and independently about the world.
- To enhance students’ ability to communicate effectively with others in a spirit of openness and cooperation.
- To encourage students to reflect on their responsibilities to others in local, national and global communities.
- To kindle in students a life-long interest in the humanities & art.
MA (Political Science) degree serves as a basis for further higher studies and research in this field such as Ph.D and M.Phil. Degree in Political Science. On successful completion, students can apply for the UGC-NET or JRF exam; the success in these exams makes teaching or research as good options. Law schools are a very common destination now-a-days for recent post graduates in Political Science. MA (Political Science) degree also provides a scope for a student to become a political analyst. Employment areas are government agencies, public relations departments, colleges and universities, diplomacy, public policy organizations, embassies, intelligence wings, politics and social work organizations. Typical job profiles are budget analysts, campaign organisors, budget examiners, public opinion analysts, corporate social policy issues analysts, legislative analysts, corporate public affairs advisors, legislative coordinators, political scientists, corporation legislative issues managers, lobbyists, political commentators and state legislators.