MA (English) programme provides learners with a sound base in language as well as exposure to a wide range of literature, with options for specialization in a particular area. The learners develop confidence in their critical and analytical abilities.
Eligibility & Admission
- To introduce students to the breadth, diversity, and creativity of human experience as expressed in the humanities and arts.
- To develop students’ ability to think critically and independently about the world.
- To enhance students’ ability to communicate effectively with others in a spirit of openness and cooperation.
- To encourage students to reflect on their responsibilities to others in local, national and global communities.
- To kindle in students a life-long interest in the humanities & art.
Students can get jobs with the media as online or offline reporters. If they possess a degree in journalism, they can get jobs with news broadcasting firms like NDTV, CNN – IBN, Zee News, Star News Communication etc. Some of the other fields besides this are copywriters, editors, freelance writers, language consultants, language coaches, literary critics, jobs in the Govt. sector, NGO professionals, jobs with ITES/BPO/KPO firms, novelists, public relations professionals, reporters, teachers and technical writers. There are many areas – civil service, decoders, insurance, interpreters, law schools, library, linguists, teachers, tourist guides and translators. Students can also opt for employment or research work abroad after a minimum experience. They can go for higher studies with M.Phil, PhD or MBA. Social work as well as advertising fields also require students with flair of writing.