BA in Sociology helps a student understand the nuances of the human society. It helps develop an understanding of how human society originated and its various evolutionary stages. An BA in Sociology prepares individuals with a better understanding of the frameworks of societies and communities around the world, thus making them adept at understanding how organizations work in the contemporary setting.
Eligibility & Admission
- The students learn to apply the sociological perspective in understanding how society shapes our individual lives.
- It also provides a foundation for the other more detailed and specialized courses in sociology.
- The students also learn about the basics of doing field work and use it for doing field work based projects. They also learn to write project reports.
- The students learn how to read and interpret complex ideas and texts and to present them in a cogent manner.
- This social science course integrates global perspectives, providing a broader outlook and understanding of issues in society.
- This degree will prepare you for a wide variety of careers thanks to the analytical and communication skills you’ll acquire throughout your course.
- Give you a professional skill set and crucial contacts as well as potentially making you more employable.
- Develop your own piece of research based on a topic that interests you, or aligns itself with your future career or study plans, in your final year dissertation.
- Learn from expert social scientists in fields including society and social formation, social anthropology, criminology, cultural diversity and social welfare.
BA in Sociology imparts knowledge about the society and its mechanism hence making these graduates fit for roles which include directly dealing with public and individuals.