BA Hons (Punjabi) is an undergraduate Punjabi language programme. Punjabi is an Indo-Aryan language spoken by inhabitants of Punjab region (north western India and in north eastern Pakistan). In this programme, the main emphasis is given on origin, social aspects, literature, grammar, etc along with how the literature is developed, along with the contribution of contemporary writers, poets, singers and other cultural loving people.
Eligibility & Admission
Passed 10+2 in any stream.
|Registration Fee (One Time)||10,000/-INR|
- To introduce students to the breadth, diversity, and creativity of human experience as expressed in the humanities and arts.
- To develop students’ ability to think critically and independently about the world.
- To enhance students’ ability to communicate effectively with others in a spirit of openness and cooperation.
- To encourage students to reflect on their responsibilities to others in local, national and global communities.
- To kindle in students a life-long interest in the humanities & art.
This degree programme enables students to go for various jobs like a Punjabi interpreter which might be of different types, such as general interpreting, consecutive interpreting and liaison interpreting. Most of the translators work in a variety of fields, which include technical, scientific literary or business. Students can go for higher degree programmes in respective subjects, e.g. Masters’ degree, etc. Select global educational institutions, which impart courses in foreign languages Employment areas are administration, translation agencies, research, public relations, teaching, publications, television media, politics, on-line tutoring, journalism and reporting, corporate communications, advertising industry. Typical job profiles are translators, speech writers, copywriters, teachers & lecturers, proof readers, content writers, interpreters, correspondents & publishers, editors, speech translators, tutors, organisors & administrators.