BA Hons (Political Science) is an undergraduate Political Science programme. Political science is a social science concerned with the study of the state, government and politics; it deals extensively with the theory and practice of politics, and the analysis of political systems and political behavior. The scope is widespread in India as students can go in various political fields and its related areas.
Eligibility & Admission
Passed 10+2 in any stream.
|Registration Fee (One Time)||10,000/-INR|
- To introduce students to the breadth, diversity, and creativity of human experience as expressed in the humanities and arts.
- To develop students’ ability to think critically and independently about the world.
- To enhance students’ ability to communicate effectively with others in a spirit of openness and cooperation.
- To encourage students to reflect on their responsibilities to others in local, national and global communities.
- To kindle in students a life-long interest in the humanities & art.
Students have many areas for career such as local and national government, councils, charities, accountancy and banking organisations, law firms, and retail and media companies. Further recruiters include the United Nations (UN), the European Commission, lobbying, campaigning, and voluntary organisations and the public sector. Students can go for higher degree programmes in respective subjects, e.g. Masters’ degree, etc. and can join and be employed in many educational institutions.
Other areas of benefit are government and public administration which includes the Civil Service (central government) and local and regional government (the public sector). Charity and development work is also job providing field which includes information on voluntary work and careers with charities, international aid and development organisations. Employment areas are public relations departments, colleges and universities, intelligence wings, law firms, public policy organisations, consulting firms, politics, diplomacy, TV channels and Indian civil services.
Typical job profiles are political analysts, campaign organisors, teacher & professors, career counsellors, advocates, • budget analysts, legislative analysts, corporate public affairs advisors, research analysts, political commentators and IAS, IPS & PCS officers. Students can pursue M.A. (Political Science), M.Phil. (Political Science), Ph.D. (Political Science)