BA Hons (Mathematics) is an undergraduate Mathematics programme. Mathematics is the study of quantity, structure, space, and change. Mathematicians seek out patterns and formulate new conjectures. Mathematicians resolve the truth or falsity of conjectures by mathematical proofs, which are arguments sufficient to convince other mathematicians of their validity.
Eligibility & Admission
Passed 10+2 in any stream.
- Students should demonstrate an understanding of the foundations of calculus and linear algebra as well as the ability to think logically and critically.
- Students should formulate, analyze, and solve problems through analytical and computational techniques and apply them to other disciplines when appropriate.
- Students should attain the needed written and oral communication skills to translate their degree into a viable career path.
- Students should demonstrate proficiency in probability and statistical theory and methods.
- Student should demonstrate the ability to manipulate and visualize data and to compute standard statistical summaries.
One can find a career in Mathematical profession by doing activities such as solving problems in a wide variety of fields and apply mathematical knowledge to social, economic problems.
There are many of the disciplines that are using Mathematics such as computer science, government, private, Mathematics business, scientific, agriculture, health, private and other ones.
These candidates can also apply for the Indian Mathematical Services, Civil Services and Indian Economic Services exams.