BA Hons (English) is an undergraduate English language programme. This programme teaches about the English language and literature, how it came in modern form along while highlighting many aspects of English society through Drama, Poetry, Novel and Play, etc. BA Hons (English) is a three year academic degree programme.
Eligibility & Admission
- Students should be familiar with representative literary and cultural texts within a significant number of historical, geographical, and cultural contexts.
- Students should be able to apply critical and theoretical approaches to the reading and analysis of literary and cultural texts in multiple genres.
- Students should be able to identify, analyze, interpret and describe the critical ideas, values, and themes that appear in literary and cultural texts and understand the way these ideas, values, and themes inform and impact culture and society, both now and in the past.
- Students should be able to write analytically in a variety of formats, including essays, research papers, reflective writing, and critical reviews of secondary sources.
- Students should be able to ethically gather, understand, evaluate and synthesize information from a variety of written and electronic sources.
- Students should be able to understand the process of communicating and interpreting human experiences through literary representation using historical contexts and disciplinary methodologies.
- Educate students in both the artistry and utility of the English language through the study of literature and other contemporary forms of culture.
- Provide students with the critical faculties necessary in an academic environment, on the job, and in an increasingly complex, interdependent world.
- This social science course integrates global perspectives, providing a broader outlook and understanding of issues in society.
- Give you a professional skill set and crucial contacts as well as potentially making you more employable.
This degree programme enables the students to go for various English related jobs such as information technology, organizational understanding and commercial undertakings. Students can go for higher degree programmes (M.A. & M.Phil.) in respective subjects. Employment areas are education department, creative writing, technical writing, editing and publishing, mediation, public relations and journalism, museums and home tuition. Typical job profiles are English teachers & tutors, English speaking trainers, English lecturers – Degree College, English stenographers, English tele-callers, Data mgmt. associates – English, English translators (from English to other & vice versa), English language specialists and content writers.