M.Tech. Environmental Engineering is a well-recognized academic program which as the name suggests, deals with Environmental Sciences that includes a list of topics, some of which are air pollution control, hazardous waste management, public health, land management etc.
The program aims to build in students competent business acumen through advanced study of Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Microbiology, Water Supply Management, Waste Water Management, Municipal Water Treatment, Industrial Water Treatment, Applied Statistics for Environmental Engineering, Environmental Impact Assessment, Industrial Pollution Prevention, Air Pollution Control, Solid and Hazardous Waste Management, Ecological Engineering, Environmental Biotechnology, later allowing them to specialize in a chosen area.
Eligibility & Admission
Having an ability to apply mathematics and science in engineering Applications.
Having an ability to design a component or a product applying all the relevant standards and with realistic constraints, including public health, safety, culture, society and environment.
Having an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data, and synthesis of information.
Having an ability to use techniques, skills, resources and modern engineering and IT tools necessary for engineering practice
Having problem solving ability to assess social issues (societal, health, safety, legal and cultural) and engineering problems.
- Having adaptive thinking and adaptability in relation to environmental context and sustainable development.
Post-Graduates will be engineering practitioners and leaders, who would help solve industry’s technological problems.
Post-Graduates will be engineering professionals, innovators or entrepreneurs engaged in technology development, technology deployment, or engineering system implementation in industry.
Post-Graduates will function in their profession with social awareness and responsibility.
Post-Graduates will interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and society and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
Post-Graduates will be successful in pursuing higher studies in engineering or management.
- Post-Graduates will pursue career paths in teaching or research.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 To mould the students to become effective global science students in the competitive environment of modern society.
- PEO2 To provide students with strong foundation in contemporary practices of Science, different functional areas and scientific environment.
- PEO3 To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can emerge in range of professions.
- PEO4 To develop communication, analytical, decision-making, motivational, leadership, problem solving and human relations skills of the students.
- PEO5 To inculcate professional and ethical attitude in students.
- PEO6 To pursue lifelong learning as a means of enhancing knowledge and skills necessary to contribute to the betterment of profession.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 To equip the students with capabilities required for identifying, formulating and management of environmental issues/problems.
- PO2 To impart training to the students to prepare them for conducting high value research on environmental engineering and other related issues and also to pursue lifelong learning.
- PO3 To introduce the students to the environmental problems at international, national and regional level so that they get exposure to the burning issues.
- PO4 To impart training to the students to gain capabilities for conducting joint collaborating works.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Development of professional skills in the area of Structural Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Geo-informatics & Remote sensing, and Construction techniques & management.
- PSO2 Application of relevant aspects of mathematics in engineering analysis and design.
- PSO3 Refurbishing of technical communication skills.
- PSO4 Application of these principles and practices to problems related to Civil Engineering and other allied technical & industrial fields.
- PSO5 Work as design consultants in construction industry for the design of civil engineering structures.
Environmental Engineer’s has widest scope in the today’s world. Talking about Government sector, some departments where Environmental Engineers are required are- PWD Department, Town Planning Department, Pollution Control Board, Agriculture Development Boards, Municipal and Public Offices etc. Successful postgraduates of the course interested in pursuing further studies in the discipline may go for pursuing PhD. in Environmental Engineering.In the private sector also, Food Processing and Technology Industry is a good place to find a job for graduates. Also, these days, thanks to strict rules, manufacturing and production units and industries are supposed to take care of waste product processing and management. Thus, they too need qualified Environmental Engineering graduates to take care of these activities. Consultancy work is also very demanding now days.