Bachelor of Education is a undergraduate programme of 2-year duration. The course specifically caters to the students who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching and related fields. It is a skill-based training programme which imparts not only classroom learning but also seminars, practical training and internship.
Eligibility & Admission
Admission to this course is based on merit cum aptitude test. In B.Ed. Merit is prepared to give 50% weightage to marks obtained in the aptitude test and 50% of the marks of qualifying examination.
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
Understand basic concepts and ideas of educational theory.
Build understanding and perspective on the nature of the learner, diversity and learning.
Analyze the structure of knowledge as reflected in disciplinary streams and subjects.
Develop an understanding of the concept of assessment and its practices.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 Understand basic concepts and ideas of educational theory.
- PEO2 Build understanding and perspective on the nature of the learner, diversity and learning.
- PEO3 Analyze the structure of knowledge as reflected in disciplinary streams and subjects.
- PEO4 Develop an understanding of the concept of assessment and its practices.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Teaching competency: Know, select and use of learner-centred teaching methods, understanding of paradigm shift in conceptualizing disciplinary knowledge in school curriculum, necessary competencies for organizing learning experiences, select and use of appropriate assessment strategies for facilitating learning.
- PO2 Pedagogical skills: Applying teaching skills and dealing with classroom problems.
- PO3 Teaching Through Nonconventional Modes: Evolving a system of education which enhances the potential of every learners to acquire, retain and transform knowledge leading to wisdom society through creative, experiential and joyful modes of learning.
- PO4 Critical Thinking: Analysis of Curriculum, construction of blue print, selecting appropriate teaching strategies according to needs of students and conducting action research to solve classroom problems.
- PO5 Effective Communication: Presenting seminar before peer students and teachers and practicing communication skills through various linguistic activities and applying it for better classroom communication.
- PO6 Self-directed Learning: Preparing scripts for seminars, lesson plans and online content.
- PO7 Team Work: Enable to work as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings by following the principles of collaborative learning, cooperative learning and team teaching.
- PO8 Inclusive learning Environment: Design and establish a conductive and inclusive learning environment for diverse learners.
- PO9 Understand and examine different trends and issues in assessment as well as the various methods of evaluation in teaching learning process.
- PO10 Work respectfully and collaboratively with colleagues and community to ensure quality instructional programs for schools.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Understand nature of education and pedagogic processes through enriched experiences.
- PSO2 Contribute to fill up the gap between theory and practice by dovetailing both appropriately.
- PSO3 Interactive processes wherein group reflection, critical thinking and Meaning making will be encouraged.
Teachers are one of the most respected professionals as they play a very important role in a student’s life. So B.Ed student can never run out of employement. The job opportunities for these professionals are numerous. They can find employment in various government and government-aided institutions. After qualifying, this examination one can join as a teacher in any government school in the state. The B.Ed graduates can teach in high primary and high school level.