This programme enables the student teacher to promote capabilities for inculcating national values and goals, to act as catalysts of modernization and social change, to promote social cohesion, international understanding and protection, of human rights and right of the child, to acquire competencies and skills needed for becoming a competent and committed teacher, to be sensitive about emerging issues such as environment, population, gender equality, legal literacy, to inculcate rational thinking and scientific temper among the students, to develop critical awareness about the social realities among the students and to use managerial and organization skills and more
Eligibility & Admission
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
Understand basic concepts and ideas of educational theory.
Build understanding and perspective on the nature of the learner, diversity and learning.
Analyze the structure of knowledge as reflected in disciplinary streams and subjects.
Develop an understanding of the concept of assessment and its practices.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 Understand basic concepts and ideas of educational theory.
- PEO2 Build understanding and perspective on the nature of the learner, diversity and learning.
- PEO3 Analyze the structure of knowledge as reflected in disciplinary streams and subjects.
- PEO4 Develop an understanding of the concept of assessment and its practices.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Teaching competency: Know, select and use of learner-centred teaching methods, understanding of paradigm shift in conceptualizing disciplinary knowledge in school curriculum, necessary competencies for organizing learning experiences, select and use of appropriate assessment strategies for facilitating learning.
- PO2 Pedagogical skills: Applying teaching skills and dealing with classroom problems.
- PO3 Teaching Through Nonconventional Modes: Evolving a system of education which enhances the potential of every learners to acquire, retain and transform knowledge leading to wisdom society through creative, experiential and joyful modes of learning.
- PO4 Critical Thinking: Analysis of Curriculum, construction of blue print, selecting appropriate teaching strategies according to needs of students and conducting action research to solve classroom problems.
- PO5 Effective Communication: Presenting seminar before peer students and teachers and practicing communication skills through various linguistic activities and applying it for better classroom communication.
- PO6 Self-directed Learning: Preparing scripts for seminars, lesson plans and online content.
- PO7 Team Work: Enable to work as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings by following the principles of collaborative learning, cooperative learning and team teaching.
- PO8 Inclusive learning Environment: Design and establish a conductive and inclusive learning environment for diverse learners.
- PO9 Understand and examine different trends and issues in assessment as well as the various methods of evaluation in teaching learning process.
- PO10 Work respectfully and collaboratively with colleagues and community to ensure quality instructional programs for schools.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Enable to comprehend the development in physical, cognitive, social and emotional areas, contemporary issues and educational policies of education system in India, teaching-learning methods, strategies, epistemological basis of education, school management, professional ethics and observation of school activities by school internship.
- PSO2 Understand the individual differences among students, measuring the attainment, evaluating progress, and assessing learning abilities, guidance programmes and administering psychological tools, ICT based Communication and teaching and lesson planning.
- PSO3 Interactive processes wherein group reflection, critical thinking and Meaning making will be encouraged.
After this course, students can become efficient and qualitative future teachers to build the nation strong. They can pursue M.A, M.Ed followed by M.Phil/Ph.D in education.