Chemistry is the science of matter and the changes it undergoes. The science of matter is also addressed by physics, but while physics takes a more general and fundamental approach, chemistry is more specialized, being concerned with the composition, behavior, structure, and properties of matter, as well as the changes it undergoes during chemical reactions. The Master of Science degree in Chemistry is offered on a part-time basis as well.
Eligibility & Admission
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
- Be proficient in integrating knowledge and applying their understanding in identifying problems and producing powerful solutions.
- Attain professional competence, intellectual maturity and personal growth along with a commitment for ethical development of the industry.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 Creative Thinking: Students will be able to think creatively (divergently and convergent) to propose novel ideas in explaining facts and figures or providing new solution to the problems in chemistry. The skills of observations and drawing logical inferences from the scientific experiments will also be developed.
- PEO2 Interdisciplinary Approach: Students will realize how developments in any science subject helps in the development of other science subjects and vice-versa and how interdisciplinary approach helps in providing better solutions and new ideas for the sustainable developments. Also the knowledge of subjects in other faculties such as humanities, performing arts, social sciences etc. can have greatly and effectively influence which inspires in evolving new scientific theories and inventions.
- PEO3 Personality Development: Students will imbibe ethical, moral and social values in personal and social life leading to highly cultured and civilized personality. They will also realize that pursuit of knowledge is a lifelong activity and in combination with untiring efforts and positive attitude and other necessary qualities leads towards a successful life.
- PEO4 Skills in research and industrial field: Students will build a scientific temper and will be able to learn the necessary skills to succeed in research or industrial field. In addition they will acquire the skills in handling scientific instruments, planning and performing in laboratory experiments.
- PEO5 Communication Skillsand Environmental monitoring:Students will develop various communication skills such as reading, listening, speaking, etc., which we will help in expressing ideas and views clearly and effectively. Students will be able to understand the environmental issues Global warming, Climate change, Acid rain, Ozone depletion and will create awareness in society.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Core subject Knowledge: The master’s degree programme is structured to provide students a thorough grasp of the basics and developments of chemistry, including all concepts and viewpoints.
- PO2 Scientific Problem-solving skills: It will aid in the development of problem-solving abilities based on chemical principles, as well as providing students with a wide theoretical and practical grounding in all areas of chemistry, with a focus on qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- PO3 Creative Thinking:Students will be able to think creativelyto come up with new ways to present facts and numbers, as well as innovative solutions to chemical issues. Observational abilities and the ability to make logical conclusions from scientific tests will also be honed.
- PO4 Interdisciplinary Approach: Students will learn how advances in one scientific field assist in the advancement of other science disciplines and vice versa, as well as how an interdisciplinary approach aids in the creation of better solutions and new ideas for longterm sustainability.
- PO5 Environmental monitoring: Students will be able to comprehend environmental challenges including global warming, climate change, acid rain, and ozone depletion, as well as raise societal awareness.
- PO6 Skills in research and industrial field: Students will develop a scientific mindset and be able to gain the skills needed to excel in research or industry. They will also learn how to use scientific tools, as well as organize and carry out laboratory experiments.
- PO7 Lifelong Learning – Aptitude to acquire newer knowledge and skills, assimilate and adapt them to be ready to confront uncharted environments scientifically and confidently.
- PO8 Entrepreneurship – A strong business sense to explore entrepreneurial opportunities and leverage managerial & leadership skills for initiating, leading & managing start-ups as well as professionalizing and growing businesses.
- PO9 Leadership Qualities: Capability of mapping out a team’s or organization’s tasks and setting direction, formulating an inspiring vision, forming a team to help achieve the vision, motivating and inspiring team members to engage with that vision, and using management skills to guide people to the right destination in a smooth and efficient manner.
- PO10 Environment and Sustainability – Exhibit understanding to assess the impact of managerial decisions and business priorities on the societal, economic, and environmental aspects of sustainable development.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Students will understand the basic concepts, fundamental principles, and the scientific theories related to various scientific phenomena and their relevancies in the day-to-day life. They will also be able to acquire knowledge about the fundamentals and applications of chemical and scientific theories.
- PSO2 Students will find that every branch of science and technology is related to Chemistry. They will develop a scientific outlook not only with respect to science subjects but also in all aspects related to life.
- PSO3 The student will acquire knowledge of Chemical Thermodynamics, Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Atomic Structure, Organic Chemistry, Spectroscopy, and Skill in Industrial Chemistry
The degree course gives a solid base for higher degree programmes in subjects such as M.Phil & Ph.D. for research work. They can have jobs in the following areas such as the food and drink industry; utilities and energy research; health and medical organizations. Candidates have also the options of joining scientific research organizations and agencies. They can become a teacher at school level after it and after having passed the NET exam they can go for permanent jobs in colleges and universities. Typical job profiles comprise Chemistry teachers, online Chemistry tutors, scientists – synthetic lab (computational chemistry), Chemistry – content developers, Chemistry lecturers/assistants/associate professors, chemistry research officers, scientists – Soil Chemistry/fertility/microbiology, assistant professors – Inorganic Chemistry, application specialists – analytical chemistry, Solid State Chemistry experts and research officers – Biochemistry.