Fashion Design is the art of designing clothing that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Fashion designers must study their craft well in order to be successful. A fashion design course can provide the introduction to further study in this high demand field.
Eligibility & Admission
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
- Adapt their artistic abilities to support their future design careers.
- Assess, propose, and apply various techniques related to drafting, draping, and constructing of garments.
- Develop a systematic, critical approach to problem solving at all levels of the design process.
- Demonstrate professionalism by managing time to meet deadlines with quality work and effectively collaborating in teams.
- Articulate design ideas verbally, visually, and digitally.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 To be able to explore areas of research, application & innovation and make impact in different types of institutional settings such as corporate entities, Entrepreneurship & start-ups.
- PEO2 To provide hands-on experience using a set of complex technologies found in industry today to build prototypical solutions to solve current needs.
- PEO3 To Research and relate fashion design to a broader socio economic, historical, and environmental context and Articulate design ideas verbally, visually, and digitally.
- PEO4 To develop a systematic, critical approach to problem solving at all levels of the design process and Relate the design process to the appropriate manufacturing process.
- PEO5 Environmental sustainability and social responsibility are important topics relatively recently introduced into fashion design education at the higher education level, in response to current local and global concerns.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Fashion and Fabric Theory Knowledge: Understanding Theories & Principles of behind Fabric Constructions and its Science; History of Art, Textile, Costumes, Fashion theories, Styles, Marketing & Merchandising, of the past and present to appreciate trends, predict appropriate market trends and machine knowledge.
- PO2 Knowledge of different Fashion Technologies: To develop Knowledge of different textiles, fashion trends, pattern, digital technology, artistic elements and advanced experimentations.
- PO3 Environment and Sustainability: To develop understanding of environment impact of businesses and be able to apply management knowledge to develop sustainable solutions for future generations.
- PO4 Business Analytics Knowledge: To develop necessary skills and be able to carry out analytical procedures and support an organization by figuring out ways to improve and optimize existing business processes with ease.
- PO5 Research Fashion Trends: To Create designs that will appeal to both retailers and customers, accessories designers spend a lot of time researching fashion trends, often by reviewing reports published by fashion trade groups.
- PO6 Monitoring of Fashion Trends: To produce items that distributors and consumers purchase and to monitor fashion trends and sales forecasts to create marketable designs.
- PO7 Employability: To Offer wide possibilities of employability in the field of fabric designing, stitching, knitwear, textile, printing and marketing.
- PO8 Fashion & Society: To Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess socio–cultural & political context and the consequent responsibilities towards the society.
- PO9 Historical and contemporary perspectives: Knowledge of varied fashion trends, history of varied fabrics & patterns and techniques from diverse historical and contemporary contexts.
- PO10 Design Process Knowledge: To apply the knowledge of elements of design and principles of design to create new design on paper, graphics, textile and garments.
- PO11 Design / Develop product prototypes: Design a garment or a product by draping or flat pattern making or by using hands on skill or stitching to construct the product to meet desired specification, performance and capabilities: compatible with client need, trend, market analysis, social and environmental considerations.
- PO12 Modern Tool Usage: Computer Knowledge andskill to apply appropriate CAD and Computer Graphics knowledge to design and create new and industry ready Surface or Garment or Style on computer.
- PO13 Visual Communication: To visually communicate ideas in the form of artistic fashion illustrations, graphic illustration, styling, fashion photography and visual display of merchandise.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 To be able to Adapt their artistic abilities to support their future design careers.
- PSO2 To Assess, propose, and apply various techniques related to drafting, draping, and constructing of garments and also Develop a systematic, critical approach to problem solving at all levels of the design process.
- PSO3 To be able to execute design projects utilizing industry design, development and production equipment.
- PSO4 Understanding in detail, the contents of various areas of Fashion, Art and Design and how the concepts have changed over a period of time.
- PSO5 Take design decisions across various projects. Being able to think out of the box, follow the design process to create aesthetically soothing designs. Display design skills, knowledge and the understanding in the creative sector. Understanding of Art, Design and Creativity in regional and global context. Be sensitized towards aesthetics and fashion.
- PSO6 Implementing creative thinking and design concepts in the design environment and beyond.
- PSO7 Develop a design language unique to an individual as a way to visually communicate the ideas and thought process. To be able to represent the ideas through different modes as a way of effective visual communication. Research, explore and draw conclusions for a given design or a creative problem.
- PSO8 Identifying the trends and opportunities that are prevalent in the Fashion Industry and molding the acquired skill set in the most effective and sustainable manner.
- PSO9 Graduates will be able to work as a fashion designer, stylist, and accessory designer in film industries and celebrities.
- PSO10 Graduates are able to develop the fashion illustration techniques which help them to succeed as a unique professional in the Fashion industry.
- PSO11 Graduates of costume design students will be able to work as merchandiser, pattern maker, Fashion buyer, CAD Designer in Apparel Industries.
- PSO12 Graduates can function independently with their innovative, creative skills and excel as entrepreneurs and fashion consultant.
Students can find openings with large retailers, brand marketers, manufacturers, fashion consultancy organizations, textile mills, home furnishing companies, design BPO’s, fashion technology solution providers and large apparel manufacturing companies or work as freelancer designer, CAD designer, fashion journalist, etc.