B.Sc Nursing course is broadly based on education within an academic framework specially directed to the development of critical thinking skills, competence and standards required for the practice of professional nursing and midwifery as envisaged in National Health Policy, 2002. Since, it involves nursing of the wounded or ill, a lot of sectors require these graduates hence increasing its demand which is only expected to increase in the future as well.
Eligibility & Admission
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 To provide innovative and academically challenging experience to equip student nurses to meet health care needs globally.
- PEO2 To prepare professional nurses who will provide comprehensive health care to individual and community with commitment and compassion.
- PEO3 To enhance professional growth by contributing to the body of nursing knowledge through continued nursing process.
- PEO4 Prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations.
- PEO5 Conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Nursing Knowledge: Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing care to individuals, families and communities.
- PO2 Nurse and the community: Demonstrate understanding of lifestyle and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- PO3 Care giver: Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
- PO4 Problem analysis/ Decision making: Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- PO5 Nurse and the health care system: Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programmes.
- PO6 Nurse and the profession: Practice within the frame work of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- PO7 Communication: Communicate effectively with individuals and groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
- PO8 Information Education and Counseling: Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical / community health settings.
- PO9 Nurse as a collaborative care giver: Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- PO10 Nursing administration and management: Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical / community health settings.
- PO11 Nursing research: Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
- PO12 Technology update: Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- PO13 Life-long learning: Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Elicit & illuminate life style factors and practices, which impact the continuum of health.
- PSO2 Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
B.Sc Nursing program prepares its aspirants to become an exemplary citizen by adhering to a code of ethics and professional conduct at all times in fulfilling personal, social and professional obligations so as to respond to national aspirations.These graduate nurses are prepared to work as a care provider, educator, coordinator, advocator, researcher, counselor & administrator etc. in hospitals, nursing homes, defense services, railways and aeronautical zones, industrial houses, factories and various such.