BA Hons (English) is an undergraduate English language programme. This programme teaches about the English language and literature, how it came in modern form along while highlighting many aspects of English society through Drama, Poetry, Novel and Play, etc. BA Hons (English) is a three year academic degree programme.
Eligibility & Admission
- To introduce students to the breadth, diversity, and creativity of human experience as expressed in the humanities and arts.
- To develop students’ ability to think critically and independently about the world.
- To enhance students’ ability to communicate effectively with others in a spirit of openness and cooperation.
- To encourage students to reflect on their responsibilities to others in local, national and global communities.
- To kindle in students a life-long interest in the humanities & art.
This degree programme enables the students to go for various English related jobs such as information technology, organizational understanding and commercial undertakings. Students can go for higher degree programmes (M.A. & M.Phil.) in respective subjects. Employment areas are education department, creative writing, technical writing, editing and publishing, mediation, public relations and journalism, museums and home tuition. Typical job profiles are English teachers & tutors, English speaking trainers, English lecturers – Degree College, English stenographers, English tele-callers, Data mgmt. associates – English, English translators (from English to other & vice versa), English language specialists and content writers.