The two year programme aims at preparing teacher-educators and educational administrators/managers with a national, regional as well as a global vision of education and to equip them with the sound knowledge of teaching-learning process, state-of-the-art educational technology along with ICT, applicable in the practice of education and enabling them to handle the growing needs of the 21st century. It also aims at preparing educational scientists and practitioners who can generate knowledge of pedagogy on the lines of the scientific method of inquiry and develop the critical and creative mind that can identify gaps in knowledge and find solutions to the problems concerning the theory and practice of education.
Eligibility & Admission
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
Understand basic concepts and ideas of educational theory.
Build understanding and perspective on the nature of the learner, diversity and learning.
Analyze the structure of knowledge as reflected in disciplinary streams and subjects.
Develop an understanding of the concept of assessment and its practices.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 Understand basic concepts and ideas of educational theory.
- PEO2 Build understanding and perspective on the nature of the learner, diversity and learning.
- PEO3 Analyze the structure of knowledge as reflected in disciplinary streams and subjects.
- PEO4 Develop an understanding of the concept of assessment and its practices.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Research Skills: Understand different research methods, Equipping scholars with relevant tools and techniques, Data collection and analysis by using statistical measures, use of conceptual understanding in practical research work and writing a research report.
- PO2 Life Long Learning: Identity the educational opportunities for academic development and life long learning.
- PO3 Analytical And Interpretative Skills: Enhance the analytical and interpretation skills of data, Scholars are well trained in using statistical measures, softwares (SPSS) (MS EXCEL) etc.
- PO4 Leadership And Management Skills: The course focuses on formulating and implementing leadership and management skills. The course will provide the students with a systematic framework for understanding the school management and its different strategies.
- PO5 Decision Making Skills: Enable them to solve various problems of school management and classroom management.
- PO6 Use of Technology: Understand the innovative technology and tools of ICT and their use in teaching learning environment. Use of ICT in research perspective, design and develop ICT integrated learning resources, analysis and interpretation of the research data with the help of ICT. Understand the basis, principles and process of curriculum development at primary and secondary level. Design and establish a conductive and inclusive learning environment for diverse learners.
- PO8 Specialized Knowledge: Apply the specialized knowledge of Philosophical, Sociological and Psychological basis of education to set the context of teaching profession.
- PO9 Use of Life Skills: Make use of 21st century skills to deal with the present challenges in
education and employment.
- PO10 Work respectfully and collaboratively with colleagues and community to ensure quality instructional programs for schools.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Understand the social structure, multiculturalism, socialization and social and education equity. Reform and revamp of teacher education in India. Get involved with the various activities and system of teacher education.
- PSO2 Understand the historical political and economy aspect of education, learn to apply various research methods and academic writing for educational research. ICT for research and innovative teaching method.
- PSO3 Understand about various philosophies and their role in education. Expose the aims, learning strategies, discipline and experiences of education. Inculcate the entrepreneurship skills and self development.
After completing this course, the student can take up a Lecturer’s job in a college. There is a rapid demand for teachers in the education department. So they can work as teachers, educational counselor, consultant, etc.