M.Pharmacy in Pharmacognosy is a two-year postgraduate course in which students study about the medicines derived from the natural sources. Under the course, the students also study the interactions of a living organism with chemical products that influence biochemical functions or abnormalities. The course involves cultivation and collection of medicinal plants, drug discovery from herbal medicine, toxicology, quality control and research in the manufacture of drugs. The purpose of the M.Pharmacy in Pharmacognosy course is to prepare the graduate as a specialist in natural medicine and pharmaceutical products.
Eligibility & Admission
- Bachelor in Pharmacy with 55% aggregate marks for General/OBC
- Bachelor in Pharmacy with 50% aggregate marks for SC/ST
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
- Explain the advances in cultivation and production of crude drugs.
- Describe the various phytochemical aspects of herbal drugs and recent advances in the field of Pharmacognosy.
- Appraise the medicinal importance of nutraceuticals and marine drugs.
- Discuss various aspects of Pharmacovigilance with respect to herbal drugs.
- Predict herb-drug, herb-herb interactions.
- Discuss recent trends and advances in cultivation, novel products of natural origin, Phytochemistry and Pharmacovigilance.
The aim of the programme is to produce postgraduates with advanced knowledge and understanding of pharmacognosy; higher order critical, analytical, problem solving and transferable skills; ability to think rigorously and independently to meet higher level expectations of pharmaceutical industry, academics, research or take up entrepreneurial route.
- Research & Development.
- Analytical R&D and Formulation Development (F&D).
- Manufacturing, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs.
- Sales & Marketing.
- Hospital / Clinical / Community Pharmacy.