Master in Social Work (MSW) is a professional degree with specializations, pursued after Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or any other Bachelor’s degree. MSW promotes macro and micro-aspects of professional social work practice, whereas the BSW focuses more on direct social work practices in community, hospitals, schools and other fields of social services.
Eligibility & Admission
- To introduce students to the breadth, diversity, and creativity of human experience as expressed in the humanities and arts.
- To develop students’ ability to think critically and independently about the world.
- To enhance students’ ability to communicate effectively with others in a spirit of openness and cooperation.
- To encourage students to reflect on their responsibilities to others in local, national and global communities.
- To kindle in students a life-long interest in the humanities & art.
In different departments of the Central and State governments (in Hindi speaking States), Hindi is the compulsory language for official work. Successful postgraduates of the course are hired in capacities such as Hindi Officer, Hindi Translator, Hindi Assistant, Manager (Official language) in various departments and units of Central/ State governments. Career opportunities for such postgraduates have increased manifold with the advancement of private TV and Radio channels and launch of Hindi versions of established magazines and newspapers. In the field of Hindi media, there is a growing need for Hindi Editors, Hindi Script writers, Reporters, Correspondents, Sub Editors, Proofreaders, Radio Jockey, Anchors etc.