BA General is an undergraduate programme. In general, arts can be defined as a broad subdivision of culture composed of many expressive disciplines. BA (General) is also referred as BA Pass programme. It is general in the sense that it is not subject specific and one can choose a number of combinations of subjects, apart from 1-2 compulsory subjects. These subjects are liberal arts, the sciences, or both.
Eligibility & Admission
Passed 10+2 in any stream with 50% aggregate marks.
|Registration Fee (One Time)||10,000/-INR|
- Political Science
- History & Culture
- Defence and Strategic Studies
- Physical Education
- To introduce students to the breadth, diversity, and creativity of human experience as expressed in the humanities and arts.
- To develop students’ ability to think critically and independently about the world.
- To enhance students’ ability to communicate effectively with others in a spirit of openness and cooperation.
- To encourage students to reflect on their responsibilities to others in local, national and global communities.
- To kindle in students a life-long interest in the humanities & art.
Arts students have the option to choose to major and minor in English, French, any other linguistics course, psychology, sociology, philosophy, history, religious studies and many more subject areas. For example the ability to analyse tasks, set priorities, and communicate goals to others. Employment areas are advertising, broadcasting, business process outsourcing units, civil services, community service, film editing and direction, graphics and printing industry, international relations, journalism and mass communication, law, library and information science, policing, professional writing, public administration, public planning, religious studies and social work.