BA General is an undergraduate programme. In general, arts can be defined as a broad subdivision of culture composed of many expressive disciplines. BA (General) is also referred as BA Pass programme. It is general in the sense that it is not subject specific and one can choose a number of combinations of subjects, apart from 1-2 compulsory subjects. These subjects are liberal arts, the sciences, or both.
Eligibility & Admission
Passed 10+2 in any stream with 50% aggregate marks.
|Registration Fee (One Time)||10,000/-INR|
- Political Science
- History & Culture
- Defence and Strategic Studies
- Physical Education
- To introduce students to the breadth, diversity, and creativity of human experience as expressed in the humanities and arts.
- To develop students’ ability to think critically and independently about the world.
- To enhance students’ ability to communicate effectively with others in a spirit of openness and cooperation.
- To encourage students to reflect on their responsibilities to others in local, national and global communities.
- To kindle in students a life-long interest in the humanities & art.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 To acquire knowledge on basic concepts of Social Sciences and Languages and to compare and to contrast the inter-relationship between various social sciences.
- PEO2 To learn and list the features of different types of Human Societies and to acquire knowledge on fundamental Social Institutions.
- PEO3 To offer a rich variety of subjects which help to understand how cultural, historical, geographical, political, linguistic, and environmental forces shape the world and to recognize the role of the individual within communities to effect change.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 To acquire knowledge on basic concepts of Social Sciences and Languages and to compare and to contrast the inter-relationship between various social sciences.
- PO2 To learn and list the features of different types of Human Societies and to acquire knowledge on fundamental Social Institutions.
- PO3 To offers a rich variety of subjects which help to understand how cultural, historical, geographical, political, linguistic, and environmental forces shape the world and to recognize the role of the individual within communities to effect change.
- PO4 To help the students gain social, political, historical, economic, and literary awareness, as well as a deeper understanding of diverse civilizations and cultures.
- PO5 To help the students develop the ability to understand the evolution of civilizations and cultures during the course of the three-year programme. They will also be up to date on current events and develop a sociological sense that will allow them to critically analyze social processes that affect their lives.
- PO6 In addition to three major disciplines, students learn two languages. They will usually have advanced reading, writing, speaking, interpretative, and composition skills in both languages by the end of the programme.
- PO7 Students gain knowledge in the social sciences, literature, and humanities, allowing them to be sensitive and sensible.
- PO8 Graduates of the B.A. program will be familiar with social, economic, historical, geographical, political, ideological, and philosophical traditions and thought.
- PO9 Graduates of the programme are also eligible to take a variety of competitive exams or register in a postgraduate school of their choice.
- PO10 The curriculum of B.A. enables students to acquire information while also emphasizing human values as a foundation for dealing with a variety of difficulties in life with courage and humanity.
- PO11 The students will be inspired to think and act about how to solve numerous difficulties that arise in human life in order to make the world a better place than it has ever been.
- PO12 The programme lays the groundwork for being a responsible citizen.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Humanities education is structured in such a way that it emphasises human values in particular.
- PSO2 It prepares students to think critically about current events and provide an informed view about them.
- PSO3 It’s of great help for the students to be more equipped to appreciate literary and cultural variety.
Arts students have the option to choose to major and minor in English, French, any other linguistics course, psychology, sociology, philosophy, history, religious studies and many more subject areas. For example the ability to analyse tasks, set priorities, and communicate goals to others. Employment areas are advertising, broadcasting, business process outsourcing units, civil services, community service, film editing and direction, graphics and printing industry, international relations, journalism and mass communication, law, library and information science, policing, professional writing, public administration, public planning, religious studies and social work.