BA (Hons.) Geography is an undergraduate Geography Course. Geography is the science that studies the lands, features, inhabitants, and phenomena of Earth. A literal translation would be to describe or write about the Earth.
Eligibility & Admission
- To introduce students to the breadth, diversity, and creativity of human experience as expressed in the humanities and arts.
- Apply principles and tools of geographic information science including cartography, remote sensing, and geographic information systems.
- To enhance students’ ability to communicate effectively with others in a spirit of openness and cooperation.
- Identify and critically analyze patterns of human-environment interactions, including perception, distribution and use of natural resources.
- Recognize and analyze the critical importance of location, proximity, and pattern and their relationships with various explanatory variables using geospatial techniques.
Graduates in this field have several career options in various specializations. Professionals can work in areas like Colleges/Universities, travel and tourism, solid waste disposal, rural development departments, oil drilling, mining industry, government research institutions, gas exploration companies, environmental protection agencies, agricultural research, and Indian civil services.