Bachelors of Hotel Management is an undergraduate course which introduces students to the fundamentals and different facets of the hospitality sector. The course is about the study of the hospitality industry as a whole, acquainting the student to the different sector and areas of this industry. Thus, it not only teaches students about the hotel management but also about marketing, sales, public relations to name a few other areas.
Eligibility & Admission
- Develop, nurture and express the core technical, analytical and conceptual skills required for the hospitality industry.
- The program will make students industry ready for entry level management positions with a specific focus on individual, social and environmental perspectives.
- The course will facilitate the student to practice and exhibit in depth industry integrated operational knowledge, technical skills regarding front office, housekeeping, F&B service and Food production.
- Placement opportunity during the course.
- Highly practical oriented (Hands-on Approach).
Industry exposure through internship in India & Abroad.
Specialization based on area of interest.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 To develop a confident and competent graduate capable of solving real life hotel industry problem with futuristic approach and fulfilling societal obligations.
- PEO2 To empower graduates with effective communication and interpersonal skills to sustain in competitive world and acquire operational and managerial positions in hospitality sectors.
- PEO3 To develop an attitude for undertaking developmental work both in industry as well as academic environmental with emphasis to continuous learning.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Hospitality Knowledge: Use your expertise in hotels, hospitality, and tourism as well as your core area of specialization to find solutions to challenging hotel management issues.
- PO2 Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex hospitality problems reaching substantiated conclusions using principles of management.
- PO3 Design / Development of Solutions: Understand the impact of the hotel, hospitality and tourism in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development.
- PO4 Hospitality and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice. Ability to devise and conduct experiments, interpret data and provide well informed conclusions.
- PO5 Modern Tool Usage: Understanding the IT Tools and modern management with its limitations.
- PO6 Professional Ethics: Practice ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities.
- PO7 Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PO8 Project Management and Finance: Students will be able to enter in the world of Hotel industry as leaders and managers with a strategic approach to business.
- PO9 Communication Efficacy: To communicate successfully demonstration of the ability to have professional written and oral communication skills and technology.
- PO10 Societal & Environmental Concern: Design components or processes that meet the required needs while taking into account public health and safety, cultural, socioeconomic, and environmental factors, as well as complicated hospitality-related concerns.
- PO11 Individual & Team Work: Ability to work as a member or leader in diverse teams in multidisciplinary environment.
- PO12 Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Demonstrate the methods of innovation and recipe that encourages the students to get indulge into innovation.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 To develop graduates of high caliber with a balance of knowledge, abilities, and experience in the hospitality, hotel, and management industries.
- PSO2 Understand duties, functions and activities in the operation of the hospitality and Tourism industries.
- PSO3 This is accomplished by providing a curriculum that is tailored to the needs of the growing hospitality industry and the conditions of the twenty-first century.
After the successful completion of the degree program students will be exposed to number of opportunities in the global hospitality industry such as:
Hotels: Accommodation Operations, Food Production, Food and beverage service operations and front office department.
Restaurant, Fast Food Joint Pub, Banquet, Sport and Leisure Industry, Spa, Recreation center, Lifestyle centric jobs, Malls, Hospital Management, Entertainment (cinemas, theatres, and restaurants), relaxation and cultural pursuits (museums and galleries, reading, shopping).
Airlines catering, cruise liners, Institutional and Industrial Catering, Government owned catering departments (like armed forces mess, ministerial conventions and railways services).
Entrepreneurial start-ups (Contract Catering, food plaza, restaurant etc.)