M.Tech Renewable Energy prepares the students in theoretical and practical aspects of renewable energy technologies and its implementation, energy conservation, and management. Besides that, it also trains students in important areas of energy infrastructure, rational use of energy, energy policies and regulations, and energy-environment interface etc.
Eligibility & Admission
Describe the environmental aspects of non-conventional energy resources in comparison with various conventional energy systems, their prospects and limitations.
Know the need of renewable energy resources, historical and latest developments.
Describe the use of solar energy and the various components used in the energy production with respect to applications like – heating, cooling, desalination, power generation, drying, cooking etc.
Appreciate the need of Wind Energy and the various components used in energy generation and know the classifications.
Understand the concept of Biomass energy resources and their classification, types of biogas Plants- applications.
- Compare Solar, Wind and bio energy systems, their prospects, advantages and limitations.
- Acquire the knowledge of fuel cells, wave power, tidal power and geothermal principles and applications.
- Ability to perform an initial design of a renewable energy system.
- Analyze and design energy policies.
- Carry out energy audit for renewable energy system and identify alternate energy solution.
Courses are Industry required & job oriented and are framed by faculty members with desired specialization.
Well Qualified and Experienced Faculty from renowned Institutes/Universities.
Well-Equipped and State-of-the-art laboratories.
Solar power plant with net metering for live demonstration.
Project/Research Based Learning System.
- Industrial as well as Government Sector visits are organized.
- Biogas Plant for live demonstration.
Candidates can find excellent job opportunities in consulting companies, manufacturing companies, engineering & construction companies, NGOs, steel and power based industries, energy industries and private firms. Graduates can also work as policy makers or research & development engineers in public sector.