The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers a 4-year B. Tech. programme in Mathematics & Computing.
This program has been designed in view the importance of mathematics in the field of computing. Further, computer science is heavily used to solve various mathematical problems. The use of computer assisted technologies in our day-to-day life has increased the demand of professionals having strong mathematical background with knowledge of computing techniques.
Eligibility & Admission
Salient Features of the Programme
Programme is designed to amalgamate mathematical and computing techniques useful to scientific investigations and recent technology trends.
- A blended mix of 60% mathematics and 40% computer science and analytics applications.
Options to do projects in department/research labs/industry.
In addition to Capstone project, industry internships are also available.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the completion of the programme, students will be able to
- Gain knowledge about fundamental techniques like algorithms, data structures, data science and programming languages.
- Acquire professional ethics and the ability to apply mathematical and computing techniques in various engineering domains.
Demonstrate technical and conceptual expertise to work out challenging problems.
Exhibit Problem solving skills with real-life case studies.
Career Opportunities: Potential Fields/Areas
- Placements in world renowned companies including companies such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Accenture, Amazon, and Infosys, among others.
- Data is ever-increasing and deriving meaningful information from it is always desired. With this programme, there is scope of being hired as data scientists/analysts.
- Graduates can go for higher studies in India and abroad.
- B-Tech graduates can have opportunities for various IT-related jobs in Govt. Organizations.
- An Employment-Oriented Programme.
- Internships at top IT Companies.
- Curriculum in line with national level exams such as UGC-NET, GATE, etc. and other top-notch universities/institutions.
- Various IT field opportunities in the government and private industries.
What type of strengths the prospective student should expect in himself/herself?
- Developing the ability to work on live projects in industry and academics.
- Developing strong conceptual and applied knowledge of mathematics and computing techniques.
- Having industry exposure due to internships and industrial visits.
Currently the RIMT University has the following learned doctoral faculty members in Computer Science (CS), Computer Applications (CA) and Mathematics (Math.).
- Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Ph.D. (CS)
- Vijay Kumar Joshi, Ph.D. (CS)
- Ashish Oberoi, Ph.D. (CS)
- Sushil Bhardwaj, Ph.D. (CA)
- Jasmeen Gill, Ph.D. (CS)
- Kirti, Ph.D. (CS)
- Raj Kumar, Ph.D. (CA)
- Mohd. Rafee, Ph.D. (Math.)
- Ejaz Sabir Lone, Ph.D. (Math.)
- Harwinder Kaur, Ph.D. (Math.)
- Ankit, Ph.D. (Math.)
- All-in-one computers for every student.
- ICT-enabled classrooms.
- High-end computing and research labs.
- Access to the latest technologies and software.