It is a post graduate mathematics programme and it is career orienting in nature. The course helps to train the innovative minds in the latest developments in mathematics as applicable in the field of modern inventions and discoveries. In this degree, candidates get a deeper knowledge of advanced mathematics through a vast preference of subjects such as geometry, calculus, algebra, number theory, dynamical systems, differential equations, etc. The students become more skilled and specialized in a particular subject after the master degree program. In this course, students learn to collect big data and analyze them with the help of different tools and methods.
Eligibility & Admission
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
- Understand mathematics education as an academic and research field.
- Discuss the nature of mathematics with reference to pure and applied mathematics.
- Analyse nature of mathematics from cognitive to social perspective.
- Define specific components of mathematics (axioms, postulates, paradoxes, mathematical statements, theorem and proof).
- Develop an understanding of philosophical, cultural, social, historical and psychological facets of mathematics education.
- Apply the history and development of field of mathematics in the present school mathematics curriculum.
- Critically analyse the present school mathematics curriculum.
- Create a hypothesis and appreciate how it relates to broader theories.
- Evaluate hypotheses, theories, methods and evidence within their proper contexts.
- Solve complex problems by critical understanding, analysis and synthesis.
- Demonstrate engagement with current research and developments in the subject.
- Critically interpret data, write reports and apply the basics of rules of evidence.
- Select, interpret and critically evaluate information from a range of sources that include books, scientific reports, journals, case studies and the internet.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, computing and graphical means.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuing education and research.
The post-graduate in Mathematics have a deep knowledge of pure and applied mathematics subjects. They have developed problem-solving and reasoning skills over time so these things help in considerably improve the chances of being hired in the research field. Students can get a chance in the financial sector and the government sector. They will be the best for the work profile of analytic science consultant, actuarial analyst, database manager, external auditor, data analyst, customer coordinator, credit analyst, and quantitative risk analyst. Students can choose the teaching field and become a professor in government and private colleges. Secondary school teacher, technical subject matter experts, academic coordinator, middle school teachers, and science teachers are also earning good amount after their post-graduate degree.
After completing a postgraduate degree in mathematics, students can opt for higher studies. They can go in the research field and pursue PhD in mathematics. There are a large number of colleges and institute which offers this course. The eligibility criteria for admission in this course, students have to qualify for the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research – National Eligibility Test (CSIR – NET), University Grant Commission – National Eligibility Test (UGC – NET). Some college considers Gate Aptitude Test Engineering (GATE) and National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM).