Food technology is the branch of science that deals with all technique and activities involved in preserving, processing and manufacturing the food products. All techniques and processing method to develop, research, manufacturing, production, preserve and process the food or related substance are covered by the food technology.
A food technologist works on new methods of development for manufacturing and preserving of food and keeping it in safe and hygienic conditions, flavor and resistance from the natural harms like microorganism and toxins.
The food processing organizations are involved in the processing, preservation, packaging, labeling development, quality management and research and development of the dairy products, food grains, confectionery products, fish products, meat & poultry products and fruit & vegetable products.
Science like chemistry, biology, engineering, nutrition and microbiology is used by the food technology to make the food safer and make them available throughout the year.
Eligibility & Admission
10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Maths/ Biology/Agriculture/Micro- Biology/Home Science or Diploma in Agriculture or B.Sc.
|Registration Fee (One Time)||15,000/-INR|
- Students will understand and analyze the current events and issues that are occurring in agriculture and how they affect your future in agriculture.
- Students will be able to recognize and examine the relationships between inputs and outputs in their agricultural field to make effective and profitable decisions.
- Students will understand how all aspects of agriculture combine and are used by scientists, marketers, and producers.
- Students will understand how employer characteristics and decision-making at various levels enhance the success of an agricultural enterprise.
- Students will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills as they apply to a variety of animal and or plant production systems.
Skilled professionals can seek employment in areas such as in bioinformatics, food industry, biotechnology, pharmaceutical industry, research institutes and in water conservation. There are lots of job opportunities available in India as well as in foreign countries.