Food technology is the branch of science that deals with all technique and activities involved in preserving, processing and manufacturing the food products.
A food technologist works on new methods of development for manufacturing and preserving of food and keeping it in safe and hygienic conditions, flavor and resistance from the natural harms like microorganism and toxins.
The food processing organizations are involved in the processing, preservation, packaging, labeling development, quality management and research and development of the dairy products, food grains, confectionery products, fish products, meat & poultry products and fruit & vegetable products.
Science like chemistry, biology, engineering, nutrition and microbiology is used by the food technology to make the food safer and make them available throughout the year.
Eligibility & Admission
Passed 10th Std/ SSC examination. Obtained at least 35% marks at the qualifying examination.
- Students will understand and analyze the current events and issues that are occurring in agriculture and how they affect your future in agriculture.
- Students will be able to recognize and examine the relationships between inputs and outputs in their agricultural field to make effective and profitable decisions.
- Students will understand how all aspects of agriculture combine and are used by scientists, marketers, and producers.
- Students will understand how employer characteristics and decision-making at various levels enhance the success of an agricultural enterprise.
- Students will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills as they apply to a variety of animal and or plant production systems.
Our graduates qualify for positions such as project managers, account managers, product developers, commercial technologists and customer-service directors. You could also work in processing and technology, become a production or quality manager, or even work at the Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority. The choice will be vast, as your studies will have prepared you for expertise in all of these areas. Depending on your chosen specialization, you will be able to work in one of the specialist fields like Food Process Engineering, Food Innovation Management, Food Safety Manager.